Subject: Thundermage Bolter + Treasure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Antonelli
United States
Altoona
IA - Iowa
flag msg tools
If you use a Thundermage Bolter's dungeon ability to take a monster with treasure, you don't get the treasure right? I'm basing this on the rules where it says "If you defeat the monster, place it and all of its treasure into your discard pile" and "If you do not defeat the monster, or if the monster leaves the hall for any other reason, remove the treasure from the game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
DomBomb1 wrote:
If you use a Thundermage Bolter's dungeon ability to take a monster with treasure, you don't get the treasure right? I'm basing this on the rules where it says "If you defeat the monster, place it and all of its treasure into your discard pile" and "If you do not defeat the monster, or if the monster leaves the hall for any other reason, remove the treasure from the game".

Sounds right to me, since the Bolter isn't defeating the monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Treasure? This piece of melted slag?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Regular #1: Can't you just kill that guy in front for us?
Bolter: Yeah, but if I kill him, you won't get the experience of doing it yourself, and you'll always be reliant on me.
Regular #1: Yeah, but if you don't just kill him outright, he's going to destroy me!
Bolter: Okay. Here goes...
Regular #1: Wait... try not to hit those shiny bracers while you're at it. Could prove useful later for my inexperienced self.
Regular #2: And that Edgewhatever Blade looks interesting too. Don't hit that either!
Regular #3: Wait, that monster looks to be carrying roughly 3 sacks of gold; will we get the gold if you zap him?
Regular #1: Good point. Don't hit the gold!
Bolter: Look, do you want me to fry him or not?
Criochan: Stand aside, peons! Yaaarrrrgghhh!
Regular #1: [I did mention I'd get destroyed, right?]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darquil wrote:
Regular #1: Can't you just kill that guy in front for us?
Bolter: Yeah, but if I kill him, you won't get the experience of doing it yourself, and you'll always be reliant on me.
Regular #1: Yeah, but if you don't just kill him outright, he's going to destroy me!
Bolter: Okay. Here goes...
Regular #1: Wait... try not to hit those shiny bracers while you're at it. Could prove useful later for my inexperienced self.
Regular #2: And that Edgewhatever Blade looks interesting too. Don't hit that either!
Regular #3: Wait, that monster looks to be carrying roughly 3 sacks of gold; will we get the gold if you zap him?
Regular #1: Good point. Don't hit the gold!
Bolter: Look, do you want me to fry him or not?
Criochan: Stand aside, peons! Yaaarrrrgghhh!
Regular #1: [I did mention I'd get destroyed, right?]

At least the Criochan has chicken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.