Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all - I was wondering if it's kosher to post a sort of "reverse auction", where I could post the games I'm looking for, to see if there is someone who would want to sell any of them to me, with a GenCon pickup. If this isn't done somewhere else already, where would such a post go? In here? Or would it be okay to do in the Geekbay section?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjortman wrote:
Hi all - I was wondering if it's kosher to post a sort of "reverse auction", where I could post the games I'm looking for, to see if there is someone who would want to sell any of them to me, with a GenCon pickup. If this isn't done somewhere else already, where would such a post go? In here? Or would it be okay to do in the Geekbay section?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Matt,

I just checked your "Want to Buy" list but I don't see anything that I'm willing to part with, but maybe if you could update that list.......

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the buddy I'm traveling with would love to pick up a used copy of The Castles of Burgundy. Tried for it in the Math Trade, but lost out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't find someone going there willing to chuck you Dominion, it'd be a sad day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that list is way out of date. I can definitely update it, and should. I was going to make a Geeklist showing what I'm after, but maybe that's the easier way. Would I just leave the post here? I wondered if it might get more exposure in the Geekbay section, but seeing as it's not a proper auction, I wasn't sure if that would be frowned upon.

Regardless I'll update my "wants". Great suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep us updated, I'll totally let you know if there is anything I have that I'd be willing to sell you if it appears on your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok my list is updated! I'll just leave the post here, since I've not been told yet that putting a post in the Geekbay area would be okay.

I'm on the fence for Stone Age and Kingsburg (and possibly the expansion). So if someone had a copy of those they would like to unload, I'd be interested in chatting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Tobago lined up (thanks to Rob in Richmond!). Still some others that I'd be keen on picking up. In particular I'd love to get Cyclades, El Grande, Neuroshima Hex, or Ticket to Ride, along with some other Arkham expansions and a few others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjortman wrote:
I've got Tobago lined up (thanks to Rob in Richmond!). Still some others that I'd be keen on picking up. In particular I'd love to get Cyclades, El Grande, Neuroshima Hex, or Ticket to Ride, along with some other Arkham expansions and a few others.

I thought you originally meant you were after hot new items first for sale at GenCon... that stuff can be had at CSI with free shipping for less than you'll probably find at GenCon unless you get really lucky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yeah, no. I was thinking more a way to help people unload items they no longer want, that I am looking for, and to save some money on shipping. I'm going to GenCon, so if I can save some $$$ on shipping buying games from folks who are also going, it's win-win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.