Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm confused because it doesn't thematically make sense. Like exploring without sending a ship into the new space.

If I have killed all the ships in a hex, but haven't destroyed population can the player who was defeated still build ships in that hex?

If so I'm assuming the attacking player last round would now be the defending player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
As long as a player has a disc, they control the space, no matter what other ships are there. So even though you destroyed all of their ships, you did NOT take control. And when executing a build action a player may do it in a space with a disc.

If you need a thematic rationalization: the fleet was defeated but the industry needed to build a new fleet wasn't destroyed so they can build a new one.

And no, the player with the disc is ALWAYS considered the defender no matter whose ships were there first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as thematically making sense about exploring without sending a ship, you can always assume that they exploration is being handled by non-warships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The "official" scale of the game is fairly large, so ships on the map only represent significant military presence. Exploration is at a different scale.

I imagine that occupying a system but not bombing the planets means that the fleet is lurking around in the system and that planetary defenses or whatever give the defenders some breathing room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Maybe I'm confused because it doesn't thematically make sense. Like exploring without sending a ship into the new space.

Thematically, the time of advance technology has put us into a time where there is technology with geology mapping radar that makes this possible.
The civilization send units into the far most edge of the sector to generate geology mapping on the adjacent sector. By doing this, they'll know what planets are in that sector and which one can be colonized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Lau
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thats exactly u killed the official army but the guerllia and rebels still exist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
lofung_hk wrote:
thats exactly u killed the official army but the guerllia and rebels still exist

Darn rebels, I'd paid them to fight against the enemy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How the hell did you guys not notice they were building a deathstar and a star destroyer. You guys are the worst army ever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
How the hell did you guys not notice they were building a deathstar and a star destroyer. You guys are the worst army ever!

hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:

We're the navy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.