3x Piercing Strike
2x Uncanny Dodge
2x Close Call
3x Riposte
3x Near Miss
1x Shadowy Ambush
1x Sneak Attack
1x Stealth

This was an attempt at building the most ridiculous Order Card draw engine possible, basically. I still need to playtest for tweaks, but basically the core of the band is the Drow Priestesses and their WIS card. I started by just wanting to exploit Lolth's Blessing in a Kalteros band but then I noticed one thing : if you want to benefit from Lolth's Blessing your Priestess is going to end up with a very large target on her forehead. So you've basically committed to keeping her out of combat as much as possible. Trouble is, she's missing a ranged attack. She'd be about ten thousand times better even with only a Ranged 10 (5) attack. But without it, you've basically got a wasted Standard action each turn. In comes Scheme (also, she therefore makes a perfect fig for grabbing secured treasures). Scheme also basically lets you dig for Blessings more efficiently.

I need more playtesting but after tonight's tourney I believe the proportions of each card type are a bit out of whack. I was drawing a bit too many Immediates. I just don't know exactly which ones I'd rather play. I would also like more awesome Minor actions but I've pretty much got all the great ones already. Quick Shot is nice but I don't have many ways to benefit. I need to basically put in a few more Shadowy Ambush, possibly max out on Piercing Strike. I would also probably prefer a third Blademaster instead of Umber Hulk but don't own one. Our tournaments are basically pay 5$, we open a box at the end of the night and we pick minis and cards in order of tournament finish. Last week was the drow box so that's where I got my extra Priestess and Blessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko White
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Hey now, sorry to derail the thread a bit, but as a TO I *really* like that tournament format idea, might have to steal that.

As for the list: I have a similar card-advantage based band running Malistros; either should be fine, though I kind of suspect that if you do much treasure-looting you'll run out your deck in a hurry. I don't know about too many Immediates, though I'd certainly believe it, but I think you need more Standard action attack boosters. Unless the target has Faerie Fire on it, your guys have trouble doing more than 20 base, and some juicy attack cards can really help. I think you're right to go up to full Piercing Strike and add Shadowy Ambush. I'd also transfer some Close Calls into Uncanny Dodge; UD is really good especially if you're drawing a million cards to pitch. I kind of like Sacrifice on the same logic; +30 is a lot of burst damage.

Alternately, you could have a "draw and burn" attack strategy based on lots of Minors; in that case I'd add some Drow Assassins or maybe even Half-Orc Thugs to get more ranged attacks, go up to max Faerie Fire, and add 4x Quick Shot, the idea being to light up the target with faerie fire and just pitch ill-gotten cards at it until it stops moving. Might work out pretty well. The Thug isn't a Drow which is a bit of a bummer with Kalteros's ability but isn't the end of the world since you usually don't want to loot with level 3's anyway, and he has the all-important Dex 3 and his explosive bolts sometimes just wreck people if you're running Quick Shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Our tournaments are basically pay 5$, we open a box at the end of the night and we pick minis and cards in order of tournament finish. Last week was the drow box so that's where I got my extra Priestess and Blessing.

I'm with Ultiville, that is a terrific idea. I already passed it on to my FLGS, and I think you should post that with a few more ideas in its own thread here and on WOTC. Its pretty much just league, but I don't think most retailers understand they could just get the ball rolling right now while waiting on more sets and push a little product in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko White
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I already have a DC event scheduled in my store for this Sunday, but was planning to just hand out store credit like other events. A box breakdown is a cool plan, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultiville wrote:

I already have a DC event scheduled in my store for this Sunday, but was planning to just hand out store credit like other events. A box breakdown is a cool plan, though!

Yeah, you can draft minis, cards and tiles in picks. Everyone will get something to boost their stock sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The major issue of course is you need enough players to make it worthwhile. I can only assume our TO is fine with giving them away at cost occasionally, but right now at 6 players we're covering the retail (he's selling for 30$CAN).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anand Thirumalai
Canada
flag msg tools
Here is my Lolth warband that wiped out 20 morale worth of Goblin war party using only 16 order cards in total:

commander: Aliszandra Malistros

creatures (12):

4x Drow Wizard
4x Drow House Guards
2x Drow Priestess
2x Drow Assassin

Order Cards (35)

4x Quick Shot
4x Quick Jab
4x Faerie Fire
4x Feint
4x Near Miss
4x Lolth's Blessing
4x Stealth
2x Shadowy Ambush
2x Shield
1x Healing Potion
2x Prevent 20 damage (forget the name of the card)

The idea is to have the best possible draw of 16 cards possible. Games never last more than 16 or so cards / attacks. This warband and deck managed to wipe 20 morale worth of Goblins with a loss of only 11 morale. That's a huge morale differential for only 16 cards played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.