Subject: Orseg + Treasures on other monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Antonelli
United States
Altoona
IA - Iowa
flag msg tools
Does Orseg gain the Battle effects on the treasures that other monsters have? My interpretation is no, based on a literal reading of this part of the rules: "When fighting that monster in the dungeon, treat trait text, Battle effects, and Aftermath effects above the bold line as though they were printed on the monster card itself". The key word there being "that".

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
DomBomb1 wrote:
Does Orseg gain the Battle effects on the treasures that other monsters have? My interpretation is no, based on a literal reading of this part of the rules: "When fighting that monster in the dungeon, treat trait text, Battle effects, and Aftermath effects above the bold line as though they were printed on the monster card itself". The key word there being "that".

Thoughts?

I vote that he does gain the additional battle effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Orseg gets treasure effects as well.

The reason we went to the trouble of specifying that the treasure effects was equivalent to being on the monster was that so many other things key off of the effect being on the monster. Like Orseg, for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can i negate a battle effect Orseg is getting from another monster/treasure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.