Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my own copy of the game and was playing it when we noticed that of the 28 US and 28 German action cards there was only 2 Shoots for each deck is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John, I just replied to your message. Since I don't remember which other 4 soldiers I got with the base set besides the Characters, due to getting the 2 squad bundles at the same time and not paying attention, here's the breakdown of the 4 character soldiers I got in Day of Days.

U.S. Sgt Harrison - has 3 Hide, 2 Shoot and 2 Move cards
U.S. Private Fields - has 1 Look, 4 Shoot and 2 Move cards

German Unteroffizier Dreher - has 1 Look, 2 Shoot, 1 Hide and 3 Move cards

German Gefreiter Maier - has 1 Look, 2 Shoot, 1 Hide and 3 Move cards.

I had assumed that since the "character" soldiers came in every DoD set, they would all have the same action cards so there is a decent starting mix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg

Yes I have them, here are my US cards
Harrison: 3 Hide, 1 Look, 1 Shoot & 2 Move
Fields: 2 Look, 3 Move , & 2 Hide
Krause: 6 Moves & 1 Hide
Hill: 2 Move, 2 Look, 2 Hide, & 1 Shoot

German Cards

Dreher:3 Moves 2 Hide, 1 Shoot and 1 Look
Maier: 4 Moves, 1 Look, 1 Shoot, 1 Hide
Goldschmidt: 3 Look, 3 Move, 1 Hide
Daecher: 1 Shoot 4 Move, 2 Look,

Seems a little messed up to me, looks like we have to just charge each other. I sent an email to the company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I guess I'll wait to see what others say about this and what LBG says in reply to your email. It does seem like a weird mix for sure and not one that would allow for doing much shooting actions. Like I said, I figured that all the "character" soldiers were the same in everything and not just in Name and Serial Number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I was thinking that each character has 4 base cards that would be a shoot, move, look and hide with three other types based on the soldier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that would make sense too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The company should reply to your email. Can I ask where you got the game?

The first batch of DoD Characters did have such "low" shoot numbers, but they revised those and sent new Character cards (with the higher levels that were described) to everyone they had a record/address for.

So everyone gets Harrison, Fields, Dreher, and Maier, plus two random, unique privates on each side. There isn't a complete list of "how many" anything per the 28 cards, but your Characters alone should give you more than 2 Shoot per side.

They will be interested in whether you just got this from them (meaning a glitch in the pipeline) or managed to pick up one of the early editions.

What version of the rules do you have?

Sorry this has happened. They will fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from a guy who didnt like the game off of BBG, But he only read the rules and the cards and figures were not opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike.billings@lostbattalion.com

I'll wager you have an early edition. A Character upgrade (which went out before Christmas last year) will make things look a lot better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an answer from Rob to my email and he said they would send a new cards and rules as I have an older game.

I will thank them in advance for good customer service and the fast response to my concerns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LBG has some of the best customer service in the business. They have really stepped up to the plate to do a first class job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
pvi99th wrote:
LBG has some of the best customer service in the business.
+1

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They'll make it right John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.