Subject: Scenario balance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Is it even possible to keep the French in the 1813 scenario to 1 allied minor and France to win as the Coalition? Jeez, it seems impossible. Conquest of France seems the only way to win the 1813 scenario.

Anyone able to comment on their experience with game balance for all 3 scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not I. I've only ever played the full campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is possible. I have played the all three. The last one is the harderst for the French but not impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So, in your experience, Roadhouse, the French are usually conquered in the 1813 scenario when they lose? Because I can't see how the Coalition can win at all with about a dozen countries in France's control at start and only three years (turns) for them to get the French down to 1 minor ally to meet the "minor victory" conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Conquering France. France basically has to stop them somehow. France only needs to do one mistake to lose.

1809 scenario is the most balanced one in my opinion and probably the best. You don't have the Russian campaign but more focus on Spain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the "1809" scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GA Jim wrote:
Do you mean the "1809" scenario?

Yes. I remembered the year incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Brad,

How would you evaluate balance for the full-length game (1805 scenario)? I'm curious. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICONOCLAST

Galt's Gultch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I tried the 1809 scenario and the French were impossible to beat. We switched sides and had the same result. It seemed to us like the only way the Coalition could win is by having good luck drawing diplomacy cards. What are we missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grinch wrote:
A friend and I tried the 1809 scenario and the French were impossible to beat. We switched sides and had the same result. It seemed to us like the only way the Coalition could win is by having good luck drawing diplomacy cards. What are we missing?

Spain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.