David Bushnaq
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Anyone interested in joining/if there already is a group here, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Doerfler
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Did you find one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been running one at my church for over a year now. We meet about monthly. The next one should be March 20th.

To give you an idea of the group, here is the announcement for last month's meetup:
Quote:

When: Friday, February 20th @ 6:30PM - late:30
Where: Oak Cliff Baptist Church, Fort Smith, Arkansas

Hey all,

I'm hosting another monthly game night at my church - Oak Cliff Baptist Church. Come join me for a fun night of board and card gaming!

The fun: This is a free, family-friendly, open gaming event, and we welcome new gamers and old gamers alike. There is usually a very good crowd there (20-30 gamers) so you will always be able to find someone to play with.

The games: Gateway games, deck builders, fillers, dexterity games, strategy games, war games ...whatever. Many games will be available to play, but please bring your favorites as well! Games I often bring for anyone to play: Legendary (with all expansions + Villains), Dead of Winter, Dungeon Roll, Timeline, Rampage, Summoner Wars (all factions and multiple boards), Nightfall (all expansions), Dominion, Settlers of Catan (there pretty much is *always* a game of this going), Ticket to Ride, Wits & Wagers, Dungeon Fighter, 7 Wonders (all expansions), Android: Netrunner, Splendor, Diamonds, Clubs, Battle Sheep, Infiltration, Letters From Whitechapel, and Ruse. Not sure what else others will be bringing, but in the past there has been Twilight Imperium III, Battlestar Galactica, Risk, Magic, Sequence, Yugi-Oh, Axis and Allies, Citadels, and more.

The food: There will be snacks and feel free to bring food and/or drinks, but please no alcoholic drinks or game-unfriendly food (e.g., Cheetos). It's kind of a "pot luck" of snacks. Sometimes some really good stuff finds it's way to the buffet!

Oak Cliff is located at 3701 S Gary Street, Fort Smith, AR. You can BGG-mail me with questions, post here, or call the church (479-646-3891).

I hope to see you there.

I am normally there, but TBH I'm not sure I'll be there this time because of some back problems I have been having. But as you can tell from the post there are always quite a few there, so you should be able to find someone willing to play even if I'm not there.

Since I've been out, I need to confirm with the church that the date got put on the official calendar and I'll make a similar post for this month's meetup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Nguyen
msg tools
I've been looking for a group here in the Ft. Smith area as well. I haven't been able to go to the meetups at the church due to work and sickness related problems. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
I did confirm the date, but forgot to post the announcement here on BGG. I have it now - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1335276/game-night-fort-....

I hope you get to come back soon, Jesse.

My back has been doing better the past few days, so if it keeps going like it has been, I plan to be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.