Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Stanley
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire, UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why do the players need to start off with so many VP's - especially since the supply is often in danger of running out? Would not 2VP's be quite sufficient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Block
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played Targi 4 times now. Maybe you start of with four VP to help you withstand the robber the first couple of times without forcing you to concentrate in collecting VP early in the game. I guess they tried it with different starting VPs and four left the most tactical possibilities?!
If you'd start with only 1 VP you and your foe would be pressed into a VP generating first moves leaving many tribe cards out of play.

edit
grammar and wording
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yantur
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not necessary - you can start with 1 or 0 VPs - 1 VP is even suggested by Andreas in his FAQ to avoid a shortage of the VP tokens. I played nearly 15 times and i didn't need any VPs for the robbery, I always paid with a good.

We normally start with 2 goods, 2 VPs, 2 money because it's easier to remember - 2 of everything. Sometimes we even start just with 2 goods (without VP and money) but the lack of money is sometimes really limiting, specially if the tribe cards all need a money to pay. But hte game is very robust - i'm sure, even without any goods it would be possible - it gets alittle bit harder because the robberies are coming quicker and the game ends before you have 12 tribe cards.

Greets from Switzerland
Yantur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david buchmann
Switzerland
bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i guess its to discourage a strategy of only making victory points with cards and giving no VP to the robber.

to circumvent the to few VP counters, we decided that when we put them horizontally, they count as 5 points. but you have to be careful not to play with your VP piles :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Z-Man version it is impossible to start with four 1 pt victory tokens because only six come with the game.

The general consensus is two of everything (salt, pepper, dates, vp) and one gold.

I am just setting the game up now but that seems to make sense.

If anybody has had any issues with this setup please let me know.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That´s a little mistake in the rule, it should say: You start with 4 VP´S one 1 VP marker and one 3 VP marker, together that makes an amount of four VP´S. Sorry for the confusion and have fun playing Targi!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification and congratulations on your game success. This is a great addition to our two player collection and everyone enjoys it very much.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gradman2k3 wrote:
Thank you for the clarification and congratulations on your game success. This is a great addition to our two player collection and everyone enjoys it very much.

Regards

Thanks I am very happy that You like my game Targi.

Greetings from Germany
Andreas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.