Subject: Pre-orders accepted through White Goblin Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensure yourself of a copy of this game by pre-ordering it now through http://www.whitegoblingames.com/spiel

For early birds, there's an extra discount, that won’t be given in Essen, so it's a pre-order exclusive!

You can pick up your order at the White Goblin Games booth at Spiel 2012 (booth number is 5-01) or let your order be shipped to your home address. Please keep in mind that the first printruns are quite low: just as was the case with Panic Station last year, games might get sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Might have been better not to remind people of buying Panic Station (average rating 6.39, now on rules version 2.3) blind last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we decided to publish the game, we already knew Panic Station DEFINITELY wouldn't be a game for everyone. The metagame included seems to be a 'love it or hate it' thing for people; we've had session reports from people that didn't like or couldn't handle the metagame or played with people who had problems playing their role in Panic Station well, as well as incredible stories from people who had an experience they will NEVER EVER forget in their lives. Despite a minority not liking the game and speaking out loud, Panic Station has been a big hit ever since it's release. It will be printed for the third time in less than a year.

Last year, we've had tons of requests from people who were too late with their pre-order and who had to wait for months until the reprint of Panic Station was finished, so the least thing we can do now is to warn them in advance. I seriously expect at least some of our releases to sell out again beforehand; Vampire Empire might be one of them, or Völuspá, and the same probably counts for Rattus Cartus as one can imagine. We'll see; in the upcoming weeks we know more ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent N.
Belgium
flag msg tools
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it was the case in 2011, but this year the rules are available online in multiple languages. My opinion is that by reading them, you have quite a good idea of what the game is like. So it isn't completely a 'blind buy', or do I see this wrong?

Edit: by the way, Rattus Cartus is almost sold-out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Vinne wrote:
My opinion is that by reading [the rules], you have quite a good idea of what the game is like.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

Take a look at the Panic Station page and you'll find that rules were posted in English, German, French and Dutch on 6 September 2011. Check pages 13 and 14 of the rules forum and see how the deluge of queries had already started before Essen. Didn't matter; I think I'm right in saying that Panic Station sold out on the first morning of the fair. It has sold a lot of copies in total; 2033 geeks are listed as owning it - a very respectable number in these days of boardgame glut. And yet its average rating is just 6.39 (from 1268 raters). Perhaps those who bought it and were disappointed didn't bother to read the rules beforehand? Maybe there are others like me for whom reading any rule book doesn't provide a very reliable indication of how enjoyable a game will be?

Disclaimer: I did queue on the Thursday morning at Essen to buy a copy of Panic Station, but it was for a friend not myself. My comments aren't prompted by buyer remorse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
Designer of two games and one expansion
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tested Vampire Empire as other members of MonsoonGroup.pl . One of members played it about 100 times taking lots of stats, balancing cards etc. I can't promise you that you'll like the game (I don't know your gaming taste) but I can tell you it was heavily tested and developed for more than two years now. And I can tell you that I love this game and can't wait for my copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tuepah
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I live in canada...would of been all over this too if shipping wasn't 7 euros more than the actual game....terrible system....I mean its a deck of cards....should be able to send that out anywhere for cheaper than 24.10 euros.

Figure this out and I will buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there would be video's of THE games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.