Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: about movement and 8 units limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Des
Italy
Capua (Caserta)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can I move units through a friendy area with more than 8 units, overcoming the 8 units limit only during the crossing?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Des
Italy
Capua (Caserta)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can even overstack to attack, IIRC.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:
You can even overstack to attack, IIRC.

Yes! Also check the rules for what happens after the attack, if you're still overstacked.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Plymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll save you the trouble - if you have more than 8 units after SUCCESSFULLY attacking (NOT defending) you may retreat units down to 8. If your attack does not succeed, you destroy the retreated units down to 8 as normal.

Also slightly related to your question, you can move through your own activation tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As a note with retreating - if there is a friendly area to retreat to, you MUST retreat there... even if doing so would cause you to be above 8 units. The only time you are allowed to retreat into an empty area (ie, one with no units) is if there are no adjacent friendly areas.

Even if the only adjacent friendly area already has 8, you must retreat there, and then discard down to 8 (they can be the 8 already there, or some mix of the units there and those retreating).

The point is, when planning your army positions, make sure you leave room in some of the areas to support your retreating units.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

Even if the only adjacent friendly area already has 8, you must retreat there, and then discard down to 8 (they can be the 8 already there, or some mix of the units there and those retreating).


I don't doubt you but could I get a quote on the rules page on that?
Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

Even if the only adjacent friendly area already has 8, you must retreat there, and then discard down to 8 (they can be the 8 already there, or some mix of the units there and those retreating).


I don't doubt you but could I get a quote on the rules page on that?
Thanks!

Page 22, under Retreats, Player Controlled Units:

"These units must always retreat to an adjacent friendly area. If there are no adjacent friendly areas to retreat to, they may retreat to an adjacent empty area. If there is still nowhere to retreat to, they are destroyed."

There is nothing that exempts friendly areas that already have 8 units from this rule; they are still "adjacent friendly areas", and thus you must always retreat there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
corkysru wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

Even if the only adjacent friendly area already has 8, you must retreat there, and then discard down to 8 (they can be the 8 already there, or some mix of the units there and those retreating).


I don't doubt you but could I get a quote on the rules page on that?
Thanks!

Page 22, under Retreats, Player Controlled Units:

"These units must always retreat to an adjacent friendly area. If there are no adjacent friendly areas to retreat to, they may retreat to an adjacent empty area. If there is still nowhere to retreat to, they are destroyed."

There is nothing that exempts friendly areas that already have 8 units from this rule; they are still "adjacent friendly areas", and thus you must always retreat there.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.