Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Melee» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hello!

Kwanchai's excellent PnP version hit the table a few nights ago, but some questions got brought up that I didn't find any answers for either in his attached rulebook or in the original(?) -> http://bluwiki.com/go/Tft-melee.

Would be grateful if anyone got any comments on these!

1. When forcing retreat, what does any hex means? The "retreat" part kind of sounds as if it would be backwards, but is it legal to move the opponent say one step forward instead?

2. Dodge and Defend. If you have lower adjDex then your enemy, he has probably already struck/shot you before you choose this action. So I'm guessing it's only viable if you're faster than him, cause I can't find anything about it lingering to next turn or anything like that.

3. When disengaging with a higher adjDex then your enemy, he may attack you, with a negative effect equal the difference in your dex. Does this happens as you Disengage (as a free action?) or can he strike you at his turn, even if you are one hex away?

In any way, we had a blast playing and I'll be sure to bring this out again in a not so distant future.

Regards

Felix
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skoll wrote:

1. When forcing retreat, what does any hex means? The "retreat" part kind of sounds as if it would be backwards, but is it legal to move the opponent say one step forward instead?

Into any vacant hex is valid, even forward. Your attacker can them move into the hex you vacated and change facing if he/she so desires. If no vacant hex exits, you must make a 3d save vs DX or fall down.

Skoll wrote:

2. Dodge and Defend. If you have lower adjDex then your enemy, he has probably already struck/shot you before you choose this action. So I'm guessing it's only viable if you're faster than him, cause I can't find anything about it lingering to next turn or anything like that.

You all play thru in adjDX order, however, you can say "I'm dodging/defending" at the time of the attacker's move before he rolls to hit. This means that when your adjDX turn comes around, you've already taken your action and can't attack.

Skoll wrote:

3. When disengaging with a higher adjDex then your enemy, he may attack you, with a negative effect equal the difference in your dex. Does this happens as you Disengage (as a free action?) or can he strike you at his turn, even if you are one hex away?


The opportunity for the higher adjDX person to attack you requires that they be engaged with you before you take the action; the attack is as you disengage from being close to them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!

Quote:
The opportunity for the higher adjDX person to attack you requires that they be engaged with you before you take the action; the attack is as you disengage from being close to them.


And how about if the slower of the two were to make an attack? Let's say that the fastest one Disengage; move one hex backwards on his turn. When it comes to the slower fighter, will he still be able to strike the faster one?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.