GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: If you could only get one.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth Reborn or Claustrophobia?

Both out of stock at the moment, but I'm looking for a nice minis / boardgame, and both of these seem to fit the bill.

Can anyone compare and contrast for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

Both out of stock at the moment, but I'm looking for a nice minis / boardgame, and both of these seem to fit the bill.

Claustrophobia is lighter and tighter. Easier to get into and to play.

Earth Reborn requires a commitment from two players to get all that it offers out of it. Much deeper level of play, more engaging, more options.

It just depends on what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once done with the initial scenarios, EB becomes endless replay with how players can generate their own scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, but the same can be said for Claustrophobia.

You can't go wrong either way, they're both great games.

My personal preference is for Claustrophobia. The minis are prepainted, the rules set is lighter, though still filled with great tactical decisions for both sides, and set up and take down is much, much quicker. I really need to play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Claustrophobia

have both and like both but Claustrophobia is better and
hits the table more often.

Claustrophobia is faster play/ less prone to AP, less fiddly, easier to learn/teach, and quicker to set up.
Also has some different mechanics than some other games.

And the minis come pre-painted.

EB is a good game and is more tactical and has more different heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Pinheiro
Brazil
Recife
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with lots of different people: Claustrophobia.

If you have a fixed partner to play with: Earth Reborn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

Claustrophobia is lighter and tighter. Easier to get into and to play.

Earth Reborn requires a commitment from two players to get all that it offers out of it. Much deeper level of play, more engaging, more options.

It just depends on what you are looking for.

So what you're saying is Earth Reborn can really ressurect a gaming relationship, but Claustrophobia will help you in a tight spot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lyons
United States
Eastlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Claustrophobia last weekend and I like it and even more than that my wife was actually getting into it by the ends of the game's.
She doesn't like anything like that,but as she played it grew on her.
I never played Earth Reborn so take this as you will,But I say Claustrophobia is a good game and would recommend it. Im not sure if you ebay,but I see there is one left someone is selling in the U.K. if your current place is out of stock. Good Luck and tell us what you get!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Claustrophobia for its ease to play and fast playtime.
I've never played ER before, but I find the much complex rules and longer playtime (2 hrs easily I heard? ) asked for too much commitment for me to find it enjoyable.

Then again I see that you rated mage knight a 10 and have arkham horror, so maybe you prefer longer games that requires lots of commitment and has lots to do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whilst I love Mage Knight, it's length of play does mean I don't get it to the table as much as I would like to.

So looks like Claustrophobia will be on my list to get!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.