Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realise that this is kind of a stupid question but if someone would clearify this for me I would greatly appreciate it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod C.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On the Dungeon side 4 darkness would be 8 penalty, but would be in the non-typical case where a card allows you to attack a Monster one rank deeper than the deepest rank (which is rank 3 on the Dungeon side).

On the Wilderness side, where you do have a rank 4, the penalty would be 4 (-1 per darkness).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
wordlyweko wrote:
I realise that this is kind of a stupid question but if someone would clearify this for me I would greatly appreciate it

Because it isn't real life?

Not that trying to relate (i) a game rule in (ii) a fantasy environment can even translate to real life anyway
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
drcurtis wrote:
On the Dungeon side 4 darkness would be 8 penalty, but would be in the non-typical case where a card allows you to attack a Monster one rank deeper than the deepest rank (which is rank 3 on the Dungeon side).

On the Wilderness side, where you do have a rank 4, the penalty would be 4 (-1 per darkness).


This is correct.

The dungeon side has 3 ranks, and each point of darkness causes a -2 penalty in combat.

The wilerness side has 4 ranks, and each point of darkness causes a -1 penalty in combat.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrio Rossi
Italy
Campagnola di Zevio
Verona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
wordlyweko wrote:
I realise that this is kind of a stupid question but if someone would clearify this for me I would greatly appreciate it

Because it isn't real life?


And even if you think that's similar to real life, you could have a negative answer: for example you could think that when you enter in a dungeon and you go deeper you'll finally find a maximum quantity of darkness..
i mean, you go in and it's a bit dark.. then you go deeper, and it becomes darker.. than again, you go deeper, but the darkness remain the same: when it's really really dark, it can't be darker
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.