Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been quite a few wargames released recently for Android that I missed (because I didn't write any of them, although I am slowly progressing a brigade level Gettysburg game), so for benefit of fellow wargamers, here they are...

Joni Nuutinen has now released 8 wargames (and 1 fantasy game) in his Conflicts series. The original Operation Barbarossa and Panzer missions have been joined by:

Demyansk pocket - about the pocket battles outside Moscow in winter early 1942
D-Day 1944 - about the famous 1944 battle for France
Battle of Bulge - the 1944 German attempt to re-do what they did in 1940. Only in winter.
American civil war - Focusses on the southern states
American Revolutionary war - 1776 whole theatre.
Eastern Front: This is a scaled-up (i.e. more hexes & units) version of his Operation Barbarossa

All of these are hex and counter style games.

VR Designs are responsible for a lot of PC wargames (most recently the mammoth Case Blue). Their original Small General, which was abstract tanks and infantry hex and counter game, is complemented by SG: Eastern Front, which is same idea, but WW2 scenario based (one of which is Case Blue).

Turns of war is a scenario/campaign tactical WW2 game, using squares rather than hexes.

Hexgame is a port of an old 90s wargame, with a WW2 theme.

Populus Romanus - Hex and counter, Roman campaigns. Free demo version has expansion against the Etruscans scenario.

ASL Tools - not a wargame, but a helper for Advanced Squad Leader.

The above are all historical wargames, there are an awful lot of fantasy/sci-fi wargames which I haven't tried because I'm a grognard - Here is a brief list (mostly free, or free versions): Neuroshima hex, Great little/big wargame, Wesnoth, Pirates and traders (by the author of Brief History of Rome), Hex Kingdom, Abyss wars, Mage war, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link http://www.androidzoom.com/android_developer/joni-nuutinen_v...

And if any one interested, here's a link to my website which has some free downloadable wargames for the PC http://war-game-programming.com/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.