Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player Elimination rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Schneider
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rulebook (i think page 21) says "...if you lose all your discs and shipsyou cannot put any discs on the board anymore".

Last night had a game. Orion had massive fight with Machanema (after their backstabbing attack) in double ancient hex at 4th turn. He went over board with money (had to prepare better for Machanema and lost to ancient after beating mechs) and ended up removing all his discs from the board. Totally all. But he had 3 ships (1 dread and 2 cruisers) in few hexes. So he just repopulated 4 hexes next turn with influence actions.

So was that a valid game play??? When you lose all your discs from the board, but you still got ships in/near empty hexes, you can put discs on board with influence action next turn???

(P.S. Orion also was lacking just 1 money after all that, he had 3 materials and 1 science, his exchange rate 4 to 1, so out of pity we let him put all his resources to zero and continue playing since it was turn 4 and he was so needed to keep his neighbour planta in check. I know he should been out of the game for bankruptcy, but im interested in my question above...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sur5al wrote:
Rulebook (i think page 21) says "...if you lose all your discs and shipsyou cannot put any discs on the board anymore".

Last night had a game. Orion had massive fight with Machanema (after their backstabbing attack) in double ancient hex at 4th turn. He went over board with money (had to prepare better for Machanema and lost to ancient after beating mechs) and ended up removing all his discs from the board. Totally all. But he had 3 ships (1 dread and 2 cruisers) in few hexes. So he just repopulated 4 hexes next turn with influence actions.

So was that a valid game play??? When you lose all your discs from the board, but you still got ships in/near empty hexes, you can put discs on board with influence action next turn???

(P.S. Orion also was lacking just 1 money after all that, he had 3 materials and 1 science, his exchange rate 4 to 1, so out of pity we let him put all his resources to zero and continue playing since it was turn 4 and he was so needed to keep his neighbour planta in check. I know he should been out of the game for bankruptcy, but im interested in my question above...)

I believe it goes like this:

Remove discs until you can pay your upkeep. If you cannot pay your upkeep after removing all discs you're eliminated from the game. Ships are removed from the game too.

If you can pay your upkeep after removing all discs and you still have ships left, you can continue playing and may be able to influence sectors again on the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johansen
Denmark
Copenhagen Ø
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook

Player elimination:
In the unlikely event that you lose all
of your Influence Discs and Ships from the game board, you
may no longer place Influence Discs on hexes. You may continue
to produce Resources each round (note that you will
have some production even if you do not have any Population
Cubes on the board) and take Research actions, which
may still grant a few Victory Points.

Conclusion:
If you have ships left on the board you are not eliminatd and can continue as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sur5al wrote:

It's valid but it's not likely, and it's pretty much game over. As mentioned earlier you must be able to pay for all your actions or you're out of the game, no matter what. If your disks are all returned you will most likely not have much money production. If you're in this situation there's usually not much money (or anything else) in your stockpile either.

But assuming somehow you were able to pay your money costs after returning all disks, and you still have ships out, you do have two options:

1)use INF to put disks out in hexes where you have a ship, or empty hexes adjacent to your ship. (A lot of people forget about this rule in my experience.)

2)after combat in the next turn, you can put a disk out in any empty hex where you have a ship for no action cost

You are HIGHLY unlikely to win at this point, I would say. Other players are liable to swoop in on you and kick you while you're down.

sur5al wrote:

You are a very gracious group. I would definitely go that route if it was a new player (under 3 plays) but after that... shoulda known better.

If you had one player basically wiped off the board and another in serious financial trouble, and another was involved in a big battle... Yeah that Planta player was probably going to win anyway.

How many players, and what was the result?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.