Subject: Looking at getting this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, this game has caught my attention, but wondering if it will be to lite of a game. I think my 10 year old would like it but is there enough strategy for an adult in this game, Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coco123 wrote:
but wondering if it will be to lite of a game.

Looking at your collection, Finca probably is the best match in terms of weight, randomness and player interaction. It's also comparable in how the game changes with different numbers of players. If you've grown sick of Finca, you should stay clear of Sewer Pirats, but if you still love it, I bet you'll also love the thievish vermin (talking about gameplay. Theme is another issue).

have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not tired of Finca, Im just worried that the game will be to easy for me. I like games that have alot going on and when I get done playing the game, say wow I cant wait to play that again, so Im wondering if this game would be too easy and more for the Family which I guess is fine because my younger son would like it, Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sewer Pirats has gone over very well with every gaming I've brought it to.

It is not a heavy game, but there are certainly choice to make; when to take cards and when to send crew out, which ship to take, which animal to use at a given time, which bonuses to go for, when to settle for 2nd place and when to try for captain. Different combinations of animals can lead to a very different feel from game to game. And there's always the advanced rules to draft your crew, if you want to use those.

It's hard to tell from your collection since you don't have ratings, but if you like most of the games in your collection I would guess that will like Sewer Pirats as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benn looking at it as well, prolly for Gencon. looks cool!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game. It is not too light.

I would rank it about the same as Ticket to Ride and think it will be great as an introductory game and suitable for both adults and children.

The game has great bits and a really solid, interesting design. The theme holds together well.

The game has real flavour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.