Subject: Indiana Jones and the Shadow of the Gods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A session report using my 'Matinee' rules and the Indy Character posted elsewhere. I have also used my 'Guest Stars' and 'Adventure Hook' cards.

Chapter 1 - 'Islands of Danger'

As the titles start we have Indiana Jones, Tresa as the Main Villain and Guest Star, cold Russian scientist Irena Horsfeld who is in Moscow (and working for the Nazis..)

Indy escapes from a car just before it goes off a cliff as the climax to his previous adventure. (my media res rule that gains him 2 Glory - 4 if he had chose not to exert)

He receives a telegram from his old friend 'Salty' Sean Brannigan who has noticed something fishy in the Caribbean.. (My adventure hook card revealed a friend in trouble - here an old sea captain - and a Clue was in the Caribbean)
Wasting no time, Indy boards a plane and after an uneventful stopover in New Orleans, arrived in the Caribbean and caught up with the Captain - but Tresa was waiting for him and after luring him to a mine - attempted to bury him alve!

Chapter 2 - 'Perilous Waters'

Indy managed to get out alive in the nick of time but Tresa was taking no chances and caught Indy in a deadly gunfight.
Indy took a lot of damage but managed to escape and rejoined Brannigan where he also met up with Allison Dooworthy, a marine student studying undersea wrecks.
They ventured underwater to find a Venetian ship (a clue was in Venice), but before they could get back to the surface, they were surrounded by man-eating sharks!

Chapter 3 - 'Treachery at Sea'

Avoiding the deadly fish with only slight wounds, the pair got back to Brannigan's boat and to a big surprise - the Captain had double-crossed them to Tresa! Escaping by the skin of their teeth they tried to return to the mainland to get a plane to Venice.
After being attacked at sea, the pair had a boarded a flight to Europe as Allison knocked up some forged papers - they were goingi nto the lion's den after all!
But they were running out of time. Tresa received a call from Horsfeld - she had almost located the Amulet and the Nazi occupation had begun!

Chapter 4 - 'Dark Deals, White Lands'

Arriving in Venice, Indy and Allison were looking for the same design as they had found on the old Venetian ship. They found a bar and came to aid of Giovani, a mob driver who was trying to escape his past. With Indy and Allison's help, plus a quick gunfight in a shady warehouse where the Venetian seal was found, Giovani paid off his debt and joined the pair.
They had found crates from Scandanavia in the warehouse so headed north into the snow (and where the next Clue was).
Crossing a high rope bridge, they found themselves in a secret Nazi base.
But it proved to be a false trail (the clue was value 0) and worse - Tresa and Horsfeld had discovered the location of the Amulet!

Chapter 5 - 'Hong Kong Ambush'

Hearing of Nazi activity in Hong Kkong, the 3 adventurers travelled east where they did indeed encounter trouble - Colonel Stahl was overseeing 'eastern operations'! Allison's forged papers proved no match for the nasty Nazi and there was a huge gunfight through the streets.
Meanwhile Tresa had arrived in Arabia where she prepared an expedition to find the Shadow of the Gods!
Escaping onto a leaving zepplin (with no tickets either...) the friends thought they were safe until Stahl boarded and shot at them - hitting the fuel pipes...
The zepplin turned into a blazing inferno!!

Chapter 6 - 'Death in Devil's Reach'

Escaping from the exploding zepplin, the trail led Indy and his friends to the Devil's Reach - but as he fought off a giant squid and a volcano errupted (to huge budgetary cost!, Tresa recovered the Shadow and returned it to Berlin!

This was a great game that played exactly like the Republic serials - except I lost to the Nazis!

Ah well - at least there were no snakes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazis I hate those guys . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.