Subject: End of the Round Supply Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Supply Phase of the End of the Round, is it possible to spend silver (instead of Prestige) when we don't have enough wheat to feed our population ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Diaz
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
No. If you spend all your wheat, you lose Prestige, have to return Polis to neutrality or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Fran for this great game !

Another question : during the Action Phase, if I choose the Trade Action, when I must give 5 oil to receive 4 wheat, may I give 3 oil & 2 silver instead ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel free to answer...

No, if you trade oil for food you have to give all the oil expected to get the amount of food that at that moment shows the market, if you can't or don't want, you always can give silver to get food and thus decrease oil prices. You can never trade a combination of goods/silver because in that case we don't know how this would affect the market prices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Diaz
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
bravucon wrote:
I feel free to answer...

No, if you trade oil for food you have to give all the oil expected to get the amount of food that at that moment shows the market, if you can't or don't want, you always can give silver to get food and thus decrease oil prices. You can never trade a combination of goods/silver because in that case we don't know how this would affect the market prices

Exactly. Silver is a kind of "joker" with the other goods when creating units, trading and beginning a project but you have pay the full set of a resource in Silver.

Rules:

Page #10 - 9. Trade (last paragraph): [...]or silver, because in the game all sets of material to pay, as it happens when creating units or beginning a project, could be replaced by silver

or Page #6 - 4. Begin Project (3rd par.): he or she can always replace each set of resources to pay for the same quantity in silver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"...beginning a project but you have pay the full set of a resource in Silver."

Does it mean that to begin a project which demands 3 wine & 1 oil, you can pay with 4 silver, 3 wine & 1 silver or 3 silver & 1 oil but not with 2 wine, 1 silver & 1 oil ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Diaz
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Yes. You may pay with silver EACH set of a resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.