Subject: Temporal paradox question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Cricket
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm just reading through the rules for Khronos and trying to get my head around the details of rippling buildings. I would appreciate help with the following scenario:

If I build a Keep in Might and there is already a Monastery in the same location in Faith which happens to be in the middle of a domain, does the Keep start to ripple by removing the Monastery and then fail to be built because of the Rule of Dominion? In other words, do we end up with blank space in Faith where the monastery was? Or is there some other outcome?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.matagot.com/khronos/tutorial/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
TONi wrote:
If I build a Keep in Might and there is already a Monastery in the same location in Faith which happens to be in the middle of a domain, does the Keep start to ripple by removing the Monastery and then fail to be built because of the Rule of Dominion? In other words, do we end up with blank space in Faith where the monastery was? Or is there some other outcome?

The tutorial alluded to above is informative but doesn't help with rippling, unfortunately. Which is somewhat silly because it is a cornerstone of the game.

In any case, the answer to your question is that the two basic building rules effectively block any rippling. So you don't end up with a blank space if the keep would violate one of these rules. If the keep doesn't violate a basic building rule, then the monastery is, as they say, history meeple, and replaced with the keep.

I'm fairly sure that this is spelled out pretty thoroughly in the rule booklet as an exception to what is rippled and where to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Cricket
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your replies.
With further study of the rules and other material on BGG (including your FAQ, Cymric) I think I've finally got to grips with the detail of how rippling works. I may well have other questions in future but for now I think it's OK. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, I feel like a total idiot right now but I CANNOT figure out example 9 in that tutorial. Anyone have the solution? I was blowing up the hamlet in the top right, and destroying the green chapel in conflict, so my one strength watchtower can be the most powerful in a new domain when I upgrade the town on the left side of the river into a city connecting everything, but I can't get to 10 points no matter what I do...

edit: got it, requires two separate domains. This game is highly intriguing and I can't wait to table it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.