Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Dungeon Command» Forums » General

Subject: "Pew Pew" Custom Warband rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
More silliness from the designer of The Swarm.

Leader

Rhynseera the Alarphon


Creatures (12)

4x War Wizard
4x Drow Wizard
2x Dwarven Defender
2x Dwarf Cleric


Order Cards (30)

4x Faerie Fire -- lvl2 min int
4x Fireball -- lvl3 sta int
4x Shield -- lvl2 imm int
4x Arcane Ritual -- lvl2 min int
3x Blast of Force -- lvl2 sta int
4x Heroic Surge -- lvl1 min any
2x Scheme -- lvl2 sta wis
3x Sacrifice -- lvl1 sta any
2x Healing Potion -- lvl1 min any


Use the 2x of the same arcane circle large tile in your setup. Use the small arcane circle tile as well. Again, this is more for fun than creating a winning combo.

Your goal is to delay as long as possible while you build up a hand advantage over your opponent. Cycle through those cards with Rhynseera, use Arcane Ritual and Scheme to draw cards. Avoid nasty LOS issues with the Fireball. Delay until you can deliver killing blows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your Swarm band was better. Superior Movement is a big problem for you, and you're going to get draws where your squishy wizards don't have good defenses to keep them in play. Once they're based (base to base contact with an enemy piece), you're hoping hard that you pull a blast of force.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James S.
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Can't you shift 1 square away and make a ranged attack?

I mean, obviously not always, but sometimes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jsanner2 wrote:
Can't you shift 1 square away and make a ranged attack?

I mean, obviously not always, but sometimes.


Sure you can, then you get based and slapped again. Or they pin you in a corner, and you can't shift away. Options when you're toe to toe are limited, and I don't think Fireball can be cast in melee?

Anything that slows/paralyzes incoming attackers would help make this work. Right now, too squishy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fireball can be cast independent of contact: "Choose 1 square within 5 squares."

It's a fun warband. You don't really care about melee attackers coming after you with the damage reduction / damage prevention on the other end. You've got 3x Sacrifice, 3x Blast of Force, 4x Fireball, as well as a few chunky dwarves that act as obstacles.


Movement is not really an issue here, as you'll want to stay on your end as much as possible. The real nastiness comes from Burrow creatures (Umber Hulk and Earth Guardian) and the occasional BEL attack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:
Fireball can be cast independent of contact: "Choose 1 square within 5 squares."

It's a fun warband. You don't really care about melee attackers coming after you with the damage reduction / damage prevention on the other end. You've got 3x Sacrifice, 3x Blast of Force, 4x Fireball, as well as a few chunky dwarves that act as obstacles.


Movement is not really an issue here, as you'll want to stay on your end as much as possible. The real nastiness comes from Burrow creatures (Umber Hulk and Earth Guardian) and the occasional BEL attack.


And stealth, into the fray, dragon knights propelled by valenar, shifting creatures that get in past your defensive line...

There's too many ways to take it apart right now. Might be viable in the future with better battlefield control, but not now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Kiger
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I'd think a copper dragon would really improve this team; tough and still able to use some wizard type cards!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinK wrote:
I'd think a copper dragon would really improve this team; tough and still able to use some wizard type cards!


I posted a band called "Double Dragon" a couple weeks ago that was built around that idea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant on this that you hit me with yesterday was very good, and we both agree that Spring Attack is the piece you need to add.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there was some serious changes to the Order cards and a few replacements to the creature band. I agree with you about the Spring Attack addition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gallagher
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Where are you getting so many coppies of the command cards. I know that you can buy single figures from various web services though have not been able to find any that sell the command cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us are mildly crazy and buy two of every new sets. Some of us are truly crazy and buy more.

In my case, we run tournaments occasionally, with 5$ entry fee, and we use that to open boxes and do draft pickings for minis and cards. So I do have a few of the 'rare' cards in triplicates even though I only own two full copies of each set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy packs of the Order cards from Auggie's for $4 each.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gallagher
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I went to auggie's and could not find cromyr cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
XDarkAngelX wrote:
In my case, we run tournaments occasionally, with 5$ entry fee, and we use that to open boxes and do draft pickings for minis and cards. So I do have a few of the 'rare' cards in triplicates even though I only own two full copies of each set.


This is exactly what we do at my FLGS in Boston as well. We get great value out of the tourney prizes since the store opens those boxes at cost (the event manager is a big DC fan and does everything he can to promote the game). Also, they sell both creatures and orders as singles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NanoXstatiC wrote:
I went to auggie's and could not find cromyr cards.



Must be presently out of stock. They have the Order cards for Tyranny of Goblins and Curse of the Undeath available. Patience I guess, and hopefully they will restock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:
Must be presently out of stock. They have the Order cards for Tyranny of Goblins and Curse of the Undeath available. Patience I guess, and hopefully they will restock.


Unlikely at this stage, actually. Unless organized play picks up, Auggie probably won't have enough demand to make this worthwhile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.