Popular Tags: [View All]
RedPlanet
Australia
Gold Coast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to EuroFront rules.......

16.82 Land Satellites
For Rumania, Hungary, Bulgaria or Yugoslavia, War Weariness equals the number of Allied/Soviet controlled hexes*, plus currently eliminated/unsupplied units. For this rule, units without Secure Supply (11.71) are considered unsupplied.

*Note: use 1939 or current borders, whichever is smaller.

so i think the last line answers your question. NO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the rules section BlackMass quotes only concerns satellite surrender--when calculating the number of controlled hexes of a satellite for surrender purposes, use the 1939 or current borders, whichever is smaller.

But section 16.3 of the EuroFront rules says that satellite forces are restricted to "home territory" and adjacent areas/hexes. The sidebar on that page says that Romanian forces are restricted to "Romania/1939 (and adjacent hexes)" until released by the fall of Odessa/Sevastopol.

Short answer--I think you use the 1939 borders when determining satellite unit restriction. Odessa is within one hex of the 1939 Romanian border, which allows Romanian units to participate in the siege of the city without suffering supply attrition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.