King of Tokyo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reflective Hide rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reflective Hide states that when another monster damages you, they suffer one as well.

If they are dealing 4 damage to you, do they suffer 1 damage or 4 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nrgSingMOK wrote:
Reflective Hide states that when another monster damages you, they suffer one as well.

If they are dealing 4 damage to you, do they suffer 1 damage or 4 damage?

I went through all my cards to check the wording and it wasn't there. ... This is a promo card, so you might want to post it in the King of Tokyo Promo Cards forums.

Here's a reference image:

It reads "When you suffer damage, the monster that inflicted the damage suffers one as well." Since it says "one" rather than "that much damage," I'd assume it means they lose 1 heart regardless of how many points of damage they inflicted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
...It reads "When you suffer damage, the monster that inflicted the damage suffers one as well." Since it says "one" rather than "that much damage," I'd assume it means they lose 1 heart regardless of how many points of damage they inflicted.

Correct. Reflective Hide has a "triggered" effect. The trigger is "when you suffer damage" rather than "for each point of damage you suffer" or some such variation.

When damage is dealt, Reflective Hide simply asks, "Did you suffer damage? Yes or no?". If the answer is "Yes", then Reflective Hide deals one damage to the monster that damaged you.

Damage is all resolved simultaneously for each effect. When an attacking monster rolls 3 claws, they aren't dealing 1 point of damage three separate times. They are dealing 3 points of damage one time.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.