Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agustin Kapuno
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game nor do I own it, but I have read all the reviews and noted the remarks on how intuitive and easy it is to play. However, I prefer the western front more than any other Allied theater of operations.

I guess my question is more toward Chris Fasulo (president of Grognard Simulations). Is there any plan in the works to have a western front version of the Death Ride system? I can see how this system will work in an Operation Cobra (US Breakout) campaign. Also throw into this Operation Goodwood, the British breakout attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Fasulo
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Augustin,

The short answer to the question is that there is Death Ride Salerno. This is Western Front and has a combination of American, British, and German forces.

If the Normandy area is where you prefer I have the start of a game for Operation Goodwood. It is in the very preliminary stages as I have not decided exactly how well it conforms to the model given the tight terrain area. I have not given consideration, as yet anyway, for a Cobra version. I will certainly put it in the idea hopper for the future.

Regards,
Chris Fasulo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Fasulo
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should also mention that there are 2 North Africa games, much smaller than Kursk or Salerno. One focusing on Hafid Ridge and the 7th Armored Brigade charge, and the other on Halfaya Pass. Both battles parts of Battleaxe.

Regards,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agustin Kapuno
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response Chris.

I consider Salerno the Mediterranean theater and the terrain is quite different from Normandy and the surrounding areas. The western front area is quite varied where you have the bocage where it channels operations into certain routes and the more open terrain like in Falaise. I am quite interested in how your system will fare in this varied terrain.

Anyway, sign me up as a playtester if you need them for the Goodwood campaign.

My birthday is coming up so I am getting ready to ask my wife the whole Deathride trilogy as my gift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Plymale
United States
Huddleston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A thought on a possible West Front title, Death Ride: Market Garden.:) It could be done as four seperate games. One for each of the airborne division's and one for the XXX Corp's attack.

Anzio and Cassino are obvious possible subjects
Korsun, Cherkassy and Hube's Pocket would also fit this system.

They are doing Crusader so how about Gazala?

The 1941 fight around the Yel'nia or El'nia salaint would be a good single box game.

Operation Mars could be done as 3-4 games and would be a good subject.

The fighting between Panzer Group 1 and the Southern Front Tank Corps just across the border on the approaches to Kiev in June, 1941 has never been done and this system would cover that time frame very well.

This would be a perfect system for a Bulge game. I could see it as four games, Northern Shoulder, Southern Shoulder, Stand at Bastogne and Counterattack! covering the area at the tip of the penetration. Northwind below the area of the Bulge would probably fit as a sigle game.

Patton's Third Army in Lorraine would be a good subject for this system.

The Chir River battles would be a good game.

The April 1944 battles at the Romainian border would work for this system.

Think it would work in a scenario and geomorphic map layout?

Would this work in the Spanish Civil War? Korea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaarin7 wrote:
A thought on a possible West Front title, Death Ride: Market Garden. It could be done as four seperate games. One for each of the airborne division's and one for the XXX Corp's attack.

Anzio and Cassino are obvious possible subjects
Korsun, Cherkassy and Hube's Pocket would also fit this system.

They are doing Crusader so how about Gazala?

The 1941 fight around the Yel'nia or El'nia salaint would be a good single box game.

Operation Mars could be done as 3-4 games and would be a good subject.

The fighting between Panzer Group 1 and the Southern Front Tank Corps just across the border on the approaches to Kiev in June, 1941 has never been done and this system would cover that time frame very well.

This would be a perfect system for a Bulge game. I could see it as four games, Northern Shoulder, Southern Shoulder, Stand at Bastogne and Counterattack! covering the area at the tip of the penetration. Northwind below the area of the Bulge would probably fit as a sigle game.

Patton's Third Army in Lorraine would be a good subject for this system.

The Chir River battles would be a good game.

The April 1944 battles at the Romainian border would work for this system.

Think it would work in a scenario and geomorphic map layout?

Would this work in the Spanish Civil War? Korea?

And I would really like to see the Battle of Arracourt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.