Popular Tags: [View All]
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. Just moved to the area last year and more recently got into board gaming. I've had a few boardgame nights with neighbours and family and I was wondering if there are any other players in the Prescott-Russell area.

I don't get into Ottawa very often so I'm pretty ignorant of any groups in the city. Though I do like visiting the Comic book shop/Strategy when I am in the area. Any other good shops in Ottawa?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
Why why why didn't I set up a RRGSP! (Registered Retired Gamer Saving Plan)
badge
So many games.... so little time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly enough
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
posted a good summary in one of our discussions on another thread about game groups in the Ottawa area..

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/838017/looking-for-ottaw...

iNano78 wrote:
There are a couple of other game groups in Ottawa as well. Here is my attempt at a somewhat complete list of public gaming in the region:

I regularly attend OGG in Westboro (every other Wednesday). Has the advantage that it's held at a Royal Canadian Legion (lots of room, cheap beer, etc). Usually 20-30 people; predominantly English.

I occasionally play at OGSC at The Royal Oak on Bank Street (every Monday). Dimly lit and sticky tables, but you can have food/drinks as you play, and they have monthly raffles for prizes. Usually 25-30 people; predominantly English.

I occasionally play at Ludo-Hebdo/Ludo-Outaouais in Gatineau (every Wednesday... or non-OGG Wednesdays, in my case). Played in a school (lots of non-sticky tables; no alcoholic beverages). Usually 20-30 people; predominantly French.

I have yet to play at Kanata Board Gamers or Orleans Game Club (both played every other Thursday on the same night; not sure why they don't stagger...). You can find a lot of these clubs at Meetups.com (link1, link2), as well as in the Ontario section of BGG.

I have also played (once) at The Comic Book Shoppe on Bank Street (open gaming downstairs on Wednesdays). When I was there, there were only ~ 10 players (a game of Power Grid on one table and a game of Chaos in the Old World on another, but room for lots more). I recall that Multizone (locations in les Galeries d'Aylmer and Promenade de l'Outaouais) now has open board gaming (every other Thursday?) in addition to regular MtG/Yugioh/Pokemon/Warhammer tournaments, etc. Upon request, they'll email you a monthly calendar of events. There are other retail stores with open gaming of various types (Boutique FDB comes to mind).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah thanks for the summary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.