Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Team with highest combined total wins?

It's too easy.

Some interactions between team members, their materials and other.

Has anyone tried it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pard wrote:
curtc wrote:
Team with highest combined total wins?

It's too easy.

Some interactions between team members, their materials and other.

Has anyone tried it?

I think team play is an excellent idea. I think highest combined total would not be "too easy.". There would be plenty of interaction in selecting the roles that benefit both partners as well as trying to manipulate the pool to your partner's benefit. Forum wins will of course count toward the whole team.

There are three interesting ways you can determine the winner:
1. Highest combined score
2. Team with highest score wins
3. Team with lowest score loses

All three have interesting strategic significance. Though I would guess that #3 might be the most challenging.

It also be interesting to design cards which help partnership play (buildings that allow you to transfer stockpile to your partner). Perhaps it can replace bridge (which becomes less useful in partnership play).

I'll see if I can round up some interest to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would #3 as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the team members work on buildings together; either can add materials to buildings either of them started and both gain the benefits of completed buildings. The victory points for completed buildings go to (and increase the client limit etc. of) the team member who started the building (or the one who placed the last material, or the one with lower client limit...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That almost merges two players into one. I prefer team games to be two complete players cooperating, rather than each controlling part of a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
That almost merges two players into one. I prefer team games to be two complete players cooperating, rather than each controlling part of a whole.

I agree entirely. Better for player to maintain some identity & separation. Just leading roles to help an ally follow with clients, or setting up the pool to work for them would be an interesting twist.

However, a few other details might need cleanup:

- One thing to consider is the role of the Forum's alternate win condition. Can this remain as it is, or is it going to become too powerful with a buddy backing you up? I'm not sure, but it's worth keeping an eye on it.

- Also, presumably a Bridge does not make you attack your ally. I don't see the fiddliness of potentially hurting your ally as being interesting, although it technical won't break the game.

- And how do vault merchant bonuses work -- if you are tied with your ally for most of a color, do you really both just fail to get it? Maybe vaults should be combined for the purposes of determining merchant bonuses?

- I assume Prison is still ok, but it would be kind of cool to give points to your ally in order to build a crazy combo. Worth keeping an eye on this one too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.