Subject: The point of Rapid Train ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if I'm missing something with the card Rapid Train.

It's worth one coin when used to buy cards. But it's action is to gain 1 coin if you have a normal train in play. So either way it's only worth 1 coin.

The only other card so far I've found that it might interact with is Stationmasters Office. This lets you copy the effect of a card in play, so as long as you've played a normal train and rapid train, then you could copy rapid train for an extra coin.

Doesn't seem to be a particularly useful card, or is it ?

Absolutely love the game though. The combination of Dominion style card play and track laying on a board to also score points is excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
It is only worth 2 coins to buy

But yes, if combined with a normal train, you get 3 coins to spend, instead of 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I thought you couldget both the 1 money for the card and 1 money for the action both, which would make the card significantly better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the rules and yes, you do get the money AND the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
I checked the rules and yes, you do get the money AND the action.

Can you please tell me where in the rules it says this ?

Have I misunderstood the rules. Do you get the coin value of the card as well as being able to apply the effects ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
Hmm, I thought you couldget both the 1 money for the card and 1 money for the action both, which would make the card significantly better.

I'm beginning to think I've misunderstood the rules. In which case yes this card would be much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Pogle wrote:
msaari wrote:

I'm beginning to think I've misunderstood the rules. In which case yes this card would be much better.

Absolutely, you always get the coin on the cards, and why wouldn't you take the action. Apologies, thought we understood that bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Pogle wrote:
msaari wrote:

Absolutely, you always get the coin on the cards, and why wouldn't you take the action. Apologies, thought we understood that bit.

Doh been playing it wrong then blush

Oh well can't wait to play again and do it properly. Should make the gameplay different than it has been

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaf! Was I ambiguous in the rules? Sorry for that then. I can confirm you get the coin AND the action.

I hadn't played the game when I did the rules, so I might have been purposefully vague to avoid expressing myself in a way that was downright wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Gaf! Was I ambiguous in the rules? Sorry for that then. I can confirm you get the coin AND the action.

I hadn't played the game when I did the rules, so I might have been purposefully vague to avoid expressing myself in a way that was downright wrong.

Just me I think.

I got a friend to read them before playing, and he interpreted them correctly. So I misunderstood them but no one else did blush

Thanks for the confirmation though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.