Subject: Getting everything in the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jac C
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
So I got my abomination pack today, and I've been trying to get everything in the box. I took everything out of the cardboard (except the tiles in the bottom, and I trimmed the plastic for the extra minis (Dave the Geek, El Cholo, etc) and put them under the man players, so all my minis are in plastic and protected. I took the extra cards and turned them sideways with the standard cards in the box, they fit perfect. I put the extra dice in the bottom of that tray, and stacked the zombie trays on top of each other, everything fits! And there seems like there will be room for the extra minis. No luck on getting that extra tile pack in there though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, no way to fit the extra tiles without removing the zombie trays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johcagaorl wrote:
So I got my abomination pack today, and I've been trying to get everything in the box. I took everything out of the cardboard (except the tiles in the bottom, and I trimmed the plastic for the extra minis (Dave the Geek, El Cholo, etc) and put them under the man players, so all my minis are in plastic and protected. I took the extra cards and turned them sideways with the standard cards in the box, they fit perfect. I put the extra dice in the bottom of that tray, and stacked the zombie trays on top of each other, everything fits! And there seems like there will be room for the extra minis. No luck on getting that extra tile pack in there though.

I am a total knave when it comes to these minis...so, please, bear with me and don't slap me tooooo hard...

But, when you said "all my minis are in plastic and protected"it got me thinking. Do these particular figures need protection?
My other minis games, like FFG stuff, FFP stuff, etc I just have the plastic minis in a baggie...or, some loose, even!

Is this a no-no for some particular reason?
I have never had a mini "break" on me (other than the odd stuff FFG used for Middle Earth Quest, but that was a manufacturing issue, if memeorty serves...).

Any advice would be appreciated; I want to make sure my beautiful Abomination Set is treated coorectly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you intend to paint your minis, the plastic tray is a must.

If you don't, I suppose you could throw all your zombies in a box and there would be no problem. I'd keep the survivors in the tray, though, to make sure some of the more delicate parts like Amy's katana or Josh's guns don't get bent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to disagree, if you are going to paint them, those plastic holders will eventualy wear away paint as you push the figures in and pop them out repeatedly. Get a foam figure case for them or endure frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a foam tray is better than the plastic tray for painted figures. But the plastic tray is still better than just piling all the figures loose inside a box, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been painting minis for over 20 years myself, and would not trust them in those plastic trays.

Guess we'll need to agree to disagree on that.

I do agree they would be better than just chucking them in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another advantage of dipping minis is that you can just throw them in the box and nothing will ever happen to them.

I have the -very fragile- Space Hulk minis thrown in a box + my nephew plays with them occasionally and there is not one single broken bit. Nothing! MUAHAH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I have over 20 minutes of painting experience.

All 2o was spent throwing paint on my Touch of Evil minis, which went into a ziploc baggie more than a year ago and the paint still seems intact.

(Since I plan on painting up Zombicide, is a spray sealer as good as poly-shades dipping?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not painting mine because I have no time, patience or artistic ability (well, no patience or artistic ability, anyway). My zombies will go in baggies -- roomy enough so they're not cramped, but not so roomy that they'll slide all over. Haven't decided on the survivors, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
Professor Plum wrote:

I have over 20 minutes of painting experience.

All 2o was spent throwing paint on my Touch of Evil minis, which went into a ziploc baggie more than a year ago and the paint still seems intact.

(Since I plan on painting up Zombicide, is a spray sealer as good as poly-shades dipping?)

I'd do both honestly. Polyshade dipping produces fine results, but it makes things a little too shiny. A matte spray seal over top fixes a lot of that.

As for the insert, plastic figures with a decent seal are pretty safe most of the time. If the insert is molded plastic that is a snug fit for the figure, I'd expect pulling it in and out of that would do more damage than just lying loose in the box to be honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Angel
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in an efficient way to store all of the miniatures. The plastic trays are nice, but a plano box or foam tray would be better in terms of storing/organization.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Battle Foam comes out with a tray set that will fit in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like this http://www.thefoamfactory.com/packagingfoam/picknpluckcr.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda. BattleFoam does great foam inserts for games. They did inserts for games like Gears of War, Dreadfleat, and Super Dungon Explore all great inserts.

The Dreadfleet Insert:

http://us.battlefoam.com/products/Game-Box-Sea-Fleet-Foam-Ki...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm familiar with Battlefoam, I just think their prices are too high. I have their insert for Dreadfleet and SDE but since then I've just bought the pluck foam for about half price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Opened Zombicide last night.

For what it's worth, the trays do not grip the bases tightly at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jac C
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
FWIW, BattleFoam will have trays available for $40 at some point, they are not on the website yet, but they were available during the Kickstarter, supposedly they leave 1/2" in the box and will hold all of the minis (even all of the bonus ones from the campaign).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.