Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Charem
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CURRENT MAP - 10th Round - Action Phase - End of Game

Design courtesy of Xaiviax from agotpbem.yuku.com

Veldrin wrote:

In possession of the Iron Throne: Check!

In possession of King's Landing: Check!

In possession of seven Castles: Check!

A very thematic win if I say so.

THE STORY

Robert Arryn was playing on his stool when his mother came in and threw it away in disgust.
-Robert Baratheon is dead - she said.
-Did he fly well? - her son replied.
Lysa Arryn didn't answer and lost in a reverie for while. Finnally she said:
- I'll give orders to send the ravens. Now it's time for some milk, my son -
and touched gently her breast while thinking about great heroes who would be lenient fathers for Robert and passionate husbands for her...

Maester Colemon and young Lord Robert Arryn was riding in the High Hall.
Faster! Faster! - boy screamed with excitement.
Suddenly her mother appeared in front of them and stepped on Colemon's hand.
What is going on in here? It's not the time for plays. Maester - she turned to him her angry face - we need to sent the raven to Lord Greyjoy.
-Yes my Lady, but what should I write?
-Oh, I dont know. It's your job to figure it out. Everybody is sending him raven, so we must do the same. But... - she smiled in a peculiar way - add something about me wanting to see his big sword from valyrian steel in action...

Lysa was reading with Robert a book titled "No armies, no heroes" when maester Colemon came and complained:
-Everywhere in the Vale are forces of the biggest army in Westeros, Starks Knights are numerous, and Lord Eddard wife is waiting for your audience...
-Let them all fly! - screamed boy pointing on Moon Door.
-Calm down my love, Cate is my sister, she won't allow to hurt us -said Lysa Arryn quietly and added - Send her in.
When Catelyn Stark entered the High Hall with grace, boy started to tremble, but maester welcomed her:
-Robert Arryn, Lord Paramount of the Vale, Defender of the Vale, True Warden of the East, Lord of the Eyrie wants to hear what House Stark has to offer.
Catelyn looked at boy, whose convulsions were getting bigger and declared:
-We need to consolidate our houses and gain power to fight with Wildlings! My daughter Arya...
-Oh, it's you... go away! - interjected her sister and run away.

HEROES

PM invitatios were sent to:
total - 23 players

Stark
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb

Greyjoy
Rob Holmes
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools

Lannister
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb

Baratheon
ND H
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Tyrell
Colin Silliman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

Martell
John Dietrich
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Charem
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reference and Info Post

This will be 6-player game, with no Ravens (noR!), and without Tides of Battle (noToB!)

First of all I want to say hi and enjoy the game. This is my first modding so don't hesitate to correct me when you'll see something is wrong.
Please do not make any changes in waitlist during PBF #35 invitation process. I'm sending invitations so and I'm responsible for keeping it in order.
I'll use CAT time (-6 GMT) in the game but I live in CET TimeZone (+1 GMT) but I'm going to check and update a lot to keep up a good pace.
And forgive me for my language mistakes. English is not my native one

Guidelines:
(part of them was copied from this forum, mostly from Turoscsusza - thanks!):

1)
No Raven game doesn't mean you cannot post in this thread. Let's make it alive and create fun story (that I've started in the first post) or just enjoy the game

2)
Use the banners below on the top/bottom of your posts.
Use a separate indentation for non-game related stuff, ingame actions, and game related political statements. Highlight ingame actions in bold, and political statements in italics. Example :
"Lannister March (+1) : Kn from Sunspear to Winterfell (game related)
(New indent) Sorry, I couldn't log in for a week for some reason. (non-game related)
(New indent) Hey Baratheon, how about i move out of The Mountains and you give me Pyke? (political, game related)"

3)
If possible, don't edit game related stuff (actions, politics), but if you must, highlight that you edited that particular text by leaving the old text striked through.
This is to clear up confusion, someone may read your original post only once, then when you change it, he may not notice what's wrong later.

4)
Anyone can feel free to PM me your upcoming orders if you have them in mind. You can conditioned them as well (i.e. "If Greyjoy takes Moat Cailin on my turn March a FM in Highgarden to The Reach otherwise March a FM in Highgarden to Sea Road Marches" or "I will march on Cracklaw Point unless Baratheon attacks me first"). It might helps speed up the game a little bit, I hope.
After sending me a PM, post on the thread so that we make those slow pokes submit their orders quickly.

5)
It is expected that you have your geek mail forwarded to your normal e-mail. This will allow you to keep track of the game better. No one wants to wait for slow players. If you need instructions on how to forward your geek mail let me know.

6)
Changing your mind: I will accept updates/changes to orders/battles until I have an order from each person. If the last person I was waiting for already submitted their order, then no orders can be changed.

7)
When sending orders, be sure to list all territories you currently have units in and don't forget to put a * next to your star orders.

8)
Battles : Let's assume you always support yourself. When submitting your battle card, be sure to list everything and calculate your total strength to prevent mistakes. If you wish to support another player, you must declare it publicly in the thread before I receive the battle order PM from that player. Keep this in mind if you want someone to support you.

Calculation example for copy and paste, modify it according to the current battle :

[Attacker]
Initial Strength = 3 (1 KN, 1 FM)
Order = -1
Support = 0
Card = Send to mod
Total = 2++

[Defender]
Initial Strength = 1 (1 FM)
Order = +1
Support = 1 (1 SH)
Card = ??
Total = 3++

If you are [Defender] in this example and you see that [Attacker] has sent their card, please send me your card AND publicly post your card, while reposting the updated calculations with your card's value included. That way, if Lannister sees the post before I do, he can just post his card and the two players can work out the results without waiting on the Mod.

*When you march, and you can possibly leave a Power Token (PT) in the area, you should always state if you want to leave one or not. It can matter a lot, especially before battles. The default assumption is NO unless you say you are.

*Along the same lines, feel free to publicly post your actions if the other orders can't possibly affect you. For instance, if Stark is raiding in the north, and Martell is first to march, Martell can post his march order if there's no way it will affect his march. Be sure to make sure it can't affect you however; if it turns out it can affect you then you are stuck with your action and you gave your enemies a sneak peak at your plans.

9)
For all rolls (Wildlings,Westeros) I use random.org

10)
A recurring issue of the AGoT PBF games is that experienced players can easily overwhelm new players who are not familiar with certain special scenarios that can occur in this game (house card combinations, sea links, etc). To enhance fair play, please everyone state your current level of experience (number of PBF and IRL played) in your first post! Plus, simply out of good will, warn the new players of these things, if you are not involved in it.
New players! When you ask for help, you can ask publicly in here, but since it could spill out your plans, you may ask an observer for help. Only tell your stuff to trustworthy people who won't tell on you to the other players.

11)
If somebody will be absent for more then two days without prior notice will be replaced to a player from the waitlist. If somebody will be delaying the game too often, can be asked to find a replacement. I belive it wouldn't be necessery, though.

12)
When posting in the thread use the following codes for banners mentioned in 1) so people can easily associate which house you are playing as. Additionally you may choose and use certain font colour in all of your posts:

Stark
[/thread]

House Cards

Wildlings Cards

Westeros Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Invite accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Silliman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Invite accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Holmes
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Though I do love the suspicious nature of a game with ravens, I'm in for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dietrich
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I accept

Stewie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ND H
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in... if there's still a vacant spot, that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Charem
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You for accepting invitations. Houses has been drawn:

Stark
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb

Greyjoy
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb

Lannister
Rob Holmes
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools

Baratheon
ND H
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Tyrell
Colin Silliman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

Martell
John Dietrich
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You may start sending me orders(prefered) or switch houses(not prefered ;p).

Sending orders means accepting house. When I receive orders from 5 players switching houses will be closed. I hope that you accept drawn houses cause it respects your preferences anyway.

Mod

Jan Charem
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am currently playing greyjoy in my other pbf game. Would anyone care to switch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ND H
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Sweet! Never played Baratheon before.
Thanks for modding! May the best House win!

Orders sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dietrich
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martell
[ImageID=988399 square

ORDERS SENT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb

Orders sent!

Have played a few face-to-face games and this will be my third online game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewie wrote:
Martell
" and you will get:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Holmes
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
bsheehan34 wrote:
I am currently playing greyjoy in my other pbf game. Would anyone care to switch?

Brad, I'm happy to play with either Lannister or Greyjoy -- just let me know if you want to confirm a switch so we can get orders in and not hold the game up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok ill be lannister and you can have greyjoy...

orders sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
well lets start the diplomacy then shall we

Lord Greyjoy

Our houses are very close to each other and this can often lead to uneasy feelings which erupt into unnecessary war. You are in the best position to contest the Starks and to slow their expansion down the board. Without your presence threatening the north I foresee a Stark victory. What i propose is an alliance between our houses. You get Sunset Sea and I will stay in golden sound with only enough strength to defend myself (no more than 3-4 ships in total with the majority in port.) Riverrun stays neutral on turn 1 and will be mine thereafter. This will allow me freedom to expand into the middle of the board so that the other southern houses do not have free reign over the glorious supply that can be found there.

If you do wish to fight me well then I say good luck and I will pray that the gods of westeros are kind to me and limit the amount of mustering they allow you to do. But I know that such a decision will make the remaining houses of westeros very happy as they will not have to contend with either of us as we fight back and forth for the entire game.

Sincerely,

Lord Tyrion Lannister of Casterly Rock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Charem
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All right then... but still waiting for Tyrell and Greyjoy to decide what to do with their troops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb

Lord Greyjoy,

Do not let the Lion decieve you, House Stark poses no threat to you. The iron fleet is feared throughout the seven kingdoms and the mere sight of them in the Bay of Ice will make the war bells of Winterfell ring loud. I assure you that if you keep the Bay of Ice free from ship so will I.

Furthermore I will not contend your right to Moat Cailin if you keep the Bay of Ice free of ships.

Lord Baratehon,

I intend to move my fleet south, but only so that I can secure the Eyrie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Silliman
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

Orders Sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lord Greyjoy

I think the Starks take you for a fool. Of course he would like to keep the bay of ice neutral. It means he can use 5 or 6 ship in the east and win the game easily.He gives you moat cailin? sure...for now. Borders in the narrow sea, white harbor, the twins, and winterfell along with the ability to march on that castle from anywhere in the east just means you will hold it until stark decides to setup to take it. Without pressure from Greyjoy the Starks can slowly expand, gain 4 power a turn to dominate any clash of kings, and then take shipbreaker bay if/when web of lies or the cards in hand allow him to. This will give him the game without ever having to touch one of your castles.

Yours Truely,

Lord Tyrion "The wildfire" Lannister

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb

Lord Greyjoy,

House Strak takes no one playing the Game of Thrones for a fool. I trust that you see through the lies the Lion is spreading.

He wants you to simply hand him Riverrun, from where he can muster ships directly into Ironman's Bay. I believe he is the one who takes you for a fool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes as i suspected. The Starks believe the Greyjoys to be fools. He thinks you are not smart enough to make sure you leave a ship in Ironman's bay if you do not control riverrun. I however do not have such grand hopes as i know you are smart enough not to allow something like that to happen. And as i originally stated i plan on leaving riverrun empty turn 1 so you can feel free to move ships and troops in a northward direction.

Yours Truely

Lord Tyrion "the wildfire" Lannister

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Holmes
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools

Lords Stark and Lannister -- you both seem quite eager to goad my house into war!

Orders sent.

(Sorry for the delay in orders there -- I had them ready to send this afternoon, but the boards were down when I logged in to do so.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dietrich
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Got it now.
Thanks Kristofer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.