Age of Industry» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about flipped industry counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mac
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Industry card restrictions say you can build "if you do not have any industry counters on the map".

Does this mean active (as opposed to flipped) industry counters? I think it does - because otherwise why not say instead "it is your first placement" - but the rules are not clear.

Also I take it you can overbuild flipped counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Age of Industry
It means your first placement, not "active" vs "inactive".

The rules have a section specifically for overbuilding counters, on pg 10 in my copy.

Edit because I completely misread this the first time through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think it means exactly what it says! It might be possible, for example, that you build something and then it gets overbuilt by another player. When you next try to build, it wouldn't be your first placement; but you could still use an industry card to build anywhere (matching that type of industry) on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mac
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, that explains how there could be another scenario (apart from your 1st placement) where you wouldn't have any industry counter showing on the board.

Do you agree with me about overbuilding flipped counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mac
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks.

Re overbuilding - in the circs specified for overbuilding coal mines or ironworks those counters must by definition be flipped (as no cubes left on them), so I take it you can overbuild your own counters even if they are flipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes: you can overbuild your own buildings whether they are flipped or not. To overbuild other players' coal or iron mines, they must be flipped (no more cubes left) and the market must be without those types of cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mac
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.