Subject: Deep Terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else think that 2 other regions should be 'explorable' like the Deep Jungle spaces?

Surely the Sahara should be 'Deep Desert' and the Himalayas should be 'Deep Mountain'?

I'm tempted to say that all Deep regions are cost 2 to enter too - or it could be argued that you are flying over them? (But then - if you had a 1 for Movement would you draw an Enemy card..?)

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I might say that it's cost 2 to go through them.

I have also thought of a neat little way of introducing 2 typical pulp nasties - the Mummy and the Yeti - that are keyed to Egypt and the Himalayas.

When you land on these two spaces:

if no Artifact there - on your normal d6 roll, on a 6, rather than an event, you encounter that creature (mummy or Yeti) - both are tough with lots of Glory to be had if you beat them.

If an artifact there, roll D6 at the start of an Adventure phase, if a 6 then you encounter the creature before you get to Dangers - and they'll be tougher now - after all the Mummy has to guard its tomb, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Else
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Mummy & Yeti. I like it.
Would you post their enemy cards (at least a text write-up of them) here when you make them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.