Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would it be possible to make the gods character cards smaller instead of like the large ones in the base game? It just doesn't seem like they need to be that big given the small amount of information on them. The artwork is fantascic and they look great, but I just think it would be better if they were smaller. Like the standard card size of the enemy cards even.

I would assume that it would be more cost effective as well for both you (the creator/publisher), and the consumer since I believe smaller cards would be less expensive to make due to less materials and less ink. I little more cutting though. It would also result in a smaller package which means you could fit more on store shelves, ship more at once, and cut down on packaging costs.

It would also be awesome if you included the reference cards/player aids that are posted on the website in the package.

Those eare the only two things that I think would really be needed.

As a slightly bigger request, it would be nice to have an alternate end game mechanic for winning the game. Something that would prevent the player from realizing that they will definitely win when there are only 3 or so cards left. Sometimes it can be a little anti-climactic.

Also, will this be avilable through z-man games too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Brilliant ideas Julian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I read that smaller replacement god cards are a huge part of this expansion. Apparently, they're even including the promo gods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RequiemX wrote:
Actually, I read that smaller replacement god cards are a huge part of this expansion. Apparently, they're even including the promo gods.

Glad to hear about the smaller cards actually being a possibility. This would also make it nice so they can be sleeved. I really hope they are the same size of the enemy cards. They could probably use the same art and background, but move the God's name to the bottom of the card along with the symbol of their ability right above or below it.

I really hope they add the quick reference cads that can be printed from the games website too. I would buy the expansion just for smaller God cards and the reference cards.

Some new drawstring island bags would be a nice bonus too.

Maybe a small play mat to put the weapons in the dwarven forge. As it is with all the cards in one stack, it's kind of fiddly to have to search through the cards every time you want to change/upgrade weapons.

New end game/winning rules would definitely be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been laminating my cards. I have the promos and my only complaint is that you have to shuffle them blindly if you're picking random gods. At least one of the promos has print on the back of it.

I definitely would like nicer bags too. The ones that come with the game aren't the greatest. New end-game conditions would be nice. So would new runes.

Maybe have some new rune tokens instead of cards. The tokens would be hidden in the 4 bags (1 per bag per rune), and if you find one when you go digging (vikings or fire giants), you get to "keep" it. A lot of strategies revolve around the white and blue bags, so splitting a rune across all 4 would be incentive to dig around in the other ones.

...or maybe a rune token would let you pick a specific rune card from the frost giant deck. I dunno. I'm just thinking of new mechanics and encouraging use of some under-utilized elements.

BTW, does anyone have a good recommendation for Norse god miniatures? It'd be cool to replace the "evil" god tokens with some cool ones. I like having minis for my favorite games; I've been working on painting the ones that come with Shadows Over Camelot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb

I vote against smaller God cards - the big ones look great. That artwork should be shown off, not miniaturized. After having such a large footprint on the table I would be disappointed to see them reduced to standard card size. Also, its handy to keep your tokens on them - like a character sheet almost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Maybe have some new rune tokens instead of cards. The tokens would be hidden in the 4 bags (1 per bag per rune), and if you find one when you go digging (vikings or fire giants), you get to "keep" it. A lot of strategies revolve around the white and blue bags, so splitting a rune across all 4 would be incentive to dig around in the other ones.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea. Too bad it would be pretty hard to homebrew since you would need counters that are the same size, shape , and feel of the viking/fire giant tokens in order to not be able to tell the difference when putting your hand in the bag.

As for the god miniatures. Your best bet is to find a complete copy of the old King's Table pc game. It actually came with a hnefetafl gameboard with variant pieces that included fenrir, loki, etc. I don't think it had Hel though. Pretty sure it had everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spelen in Lille Spinli
Belgium
Lille
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something that would be really great :

miniatures of each god :
3 for the most, 4 for the god who delivers 4 actions (don't know the name right now) so you can keep track of the actions you did in the round

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, unless you could order "extra" Viking/Fire Giant tokens and just mark them accordingly.

Hrm, I've never heard of King's Table. I'll have to look it up. That does sound like the best bet.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Jimenez
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spinli wrote:
Something that would be really great :

miniatures of each god :
3 for the most, 4 for the god who delivers 4 actions (don't know the name right now) so you can keep track of the actions you did in the round

You mean as in having 3 miniatures for each player god to use as a way to keep track of how many actions you have taken? That does sound cool, but kinda overkill. I think cardboard tokens would be just as effective. And cheaper.

Although miniatures for the enemy gods would be really cool. But those might be better as a separate order since they would really just be extra eye candy. Better to sell an enemy miniatures pack separate than with the expansion I think. To keep the price of the actual game contenet package down as opposed to making it higher because of added figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also vote strongly against smaller god cards. I LOVE the big sheets.

I've been using custom miniatures for the gods for a while now. Just finished painting them and I'll have pictures up soon. They really bring the game to life though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
The god sheets (all twelve of 'em) are the same size as the original, although the corners are squared, rather than rounded. Double sided, of course, with the trance side having a kind of washed-out look. Gorgeous art again!

So you've got the original six deities, the promos, and some new gods and goddesses, all the same size, in one package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
The god sheets (all twelve of 'em) are the same size as the original, although the corners are squared, rather than rounded. Double sided, of course, with the trance side having a kind of washed-out look. Gorgeous art again!

So you've got the original six deities, the promos, and some new gods and goddesses, all the same size, in one package.

sure makes me feel silly for buying all the promo characters separately! Oh well, I guess it's better than not including them at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
amacleod wrote:

Thanks for the update from Essen! Any word on when we'll see them stateside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
gciscell wrote:
amacleod wrote:

Thanks for the update from Essen! Any word on when we'll see them stateside?

Wish I was in Essen! I got my copy in the mail yesterday. I had done some editing work on the rules for Ludonaute.
So, no: I have no idea when the expansion will be available to the general North American public!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank the GODS the cards didn't shrink!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.