Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan R & I sat down to play a 1965 Scenario, at the start of the war we agreed to end at the end of 69. I was the communists, Dan the Allies.

The First year, I made some forays into the North, Hue & Da Nang, But Dan was able to successfully shore up loyalty to the government through pacification. The year ended with RVN successfully stabilized.

66 - Dan was able to successfully complete a campaign in Zone 2, driving me out completely, and earning several hawk points, I was unable to kill any US troops nor, bring down the government. Though I stockpiled and set up for the next year, with some successful battles in the deep south.

67- I started a Campaign in Zone 4 while Dan Did one in Zone 1, I was able to gain the 5 provinces needed right away pushing up the Dove on the political will marker, while Dan in the north did drive me out of Hue, I was able to Hold Da Nang.

68- I continued to make progress in the south, controlling almost every province in Zone 4, Dan's airstrikes in the north continued to be ineffective, but I was basically locked out of zone 2 & 3.

69- I launched a Big Tet Offensive, have stored up enough stockpiled resources points to engage it, While I took heavy losses, I targed US troop formations and hit and hit again, was up to 15 red flagged provinces at one point though Dan brought it down to 13 for the end of the turn. Ultimately I blew past the auto win about of Doves for the turn, and the game ended in Communist Victory at 19 Doves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations. Sounds like you get the same euphoria from playing that I do.

Hey, interesting avatar. Is that Poirot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's Poirot.

You design great games John, can't wait till Lincoln's War comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty anxious myself. Wait till you see the progress Michel is making on development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.