Popular Tags: [View All]
ben priest
United Kingdom
Sleaford
lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this has been asked before but it makes no sense to me. At the end of a mission it says that the heroes gain 4 conquest tokens, surely these must carry over to the next mission on top of what you would start with otherwise what is th point in earning them at the end of the mission?

Some people have said just so you can tally up a score at end to see if you can beat it but what would be the point in adding 4 tokens as it will always be 4 tokens added? May as well just add what tokens you end with and not add the 4 it would seem pointless to add the 4 tokens as its not like a bonus that you may or may not get you automaticly will get it for completing the mission.

So do the conquest tokens that are earned at end of mission carry over? I understand that others earned though the game wouldn't EG: if i had 3 tokens left and earned 4 at end of mission i wouldn't expect to carry all 7 tokens over only the 4 it awards?

Please someone help me with this its driving me nuts shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No conquest are carried over to the next mission. This is just a 'boon' to show how awesome you are.

On the flip side, some people have proposed the negative Conquest variant. Rather than ending the game once the heroes are knocked down to 0CP, keep going in the negative until the end of the game. This way those end-game CPs can be used to bring your team out of the negative and win. This also gives a less climactic feel for when the OL wins (winning partway through the beginning can sometimes be lame).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The conquest tokens may be awarded for the competitive variant where each hero tries to score more conquest tokens than the others over the course of the quest, or just to establish the convention that you earn conquest for killing named monsters. It's not clear.

But conquest most definitely does not carry over to the next quest. That would quickly become broken, and would make it a major pain to play quests out of order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody explained it to me that this was so if the heroes had very few conquest tokens left, they could still win when using blast weapons to kill the named monster even if that involved killing a hero as well. I guess that is possible, but seems rather involved for FFG thinking.

Personally I think that the original 9 quests were initially designed with a view to be played in sequence (since there is a back story plot) but that somewhere in the development process this was changed. It would take major modification to have that happen now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben priest
United Kingdom
Sleaford
lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah right so the heroes who killed the enemy would revieve the conquest tokens for competative element now i get it. I only play with my gf so only one person equals no competivness between the heroes. Ok cheers for the help peeps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master of the Waz
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could also have been included originally for the basic campaign mode.

We do know there were conflicts in original design. Look at the quests that have monsters with no figs and such. This could have been changed along the way, similar to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.