Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I'm going with 2x starter and 1x each expansion.

For someone who wants to play 100pt games with a variety of builds, is this the consensus order to begin?

I'm happy to get more if people can convince me I need them! (I live in Australia, so shipping wants to be a one-time deal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Kammeraat
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting this same order, so I'd be very interested to see if people think it's better to get more ships. Mostly I'm curious to see if I can make more than 1 or 2 100 pt. lists that are somewhat different and interesting.

Otherwise I was thinking three more TIE's, one X-Wing and one Y-Wing and Tie-Advanced.

I'd like to know what others think as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the structure of the game, it looks like you can get away with only one of the X-Wing & TIE Fighter expansions, and use the cards with the base set figs, so that's a pretty safe bet. And I think I'd be fairly happy with just the one TIE Advanced, but I think I'd like the option of fielding Y-Wings in pairs at least. Looks like there's a fair amount of wiggle room to create a 2 X-Wing 2 Y-Wing force for 100 points.

But personally my plan is to get one of everything, and get a second set if it hooks me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Lowder
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan:

2x Starter Set
2x Y-wing
2x TIE Advanced
1x X-wing
1x TIE Fighter

That gives me a full squad of TIE Fighters (5) and X-Wings (3) with a decent support of Y-Wings and TIE Advanced.

This is of course after I buy the base set first and am sure I like the game and have someone to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Musco
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have two starters, and one of each expansion, except for the y-wing (got two of those).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ObiFett wrote:
My plan:

2x Starter Set
2x Y-wing
2x TIE Advanced
1x X-wing
1x TIE Fighter

That gives me a full squad of TIE Fighters (5) and X-Wings (3) with a decent support of Y-Wings and TIE Advanced.

This is of course after I buy the base set first and am sure I like the game and have someone to play with.

This is my order as well. I think it will give some good versatility in building squadrons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex Brown wrote:

I ordered the same setup as well. I'll probably add more Y Wings and Tie Advanced if I feel it necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my revised order too. Can't wait.

q="ObiFett"]My plan:

2x Starter Set
2x Y-wing
2x TIE Advanced
1x X-wing
1x TIE Fighter

This is of course after I buy the base set first and am sure I like the game and have someone to play with.[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
so far I only have 1 of everything, im waiting to make sure its a good game before I spend a bit more. I cant see it being a problem but you never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered one of everything, so this gives me 3 TIEs, 1 TIE-Advanced, 2 X-Wings and 1 Y-Wing.
I´m planning on buying another startet and Y-Wing after that, 11 ships with all the different possible combination of pilots and equipment/skills will offer a lot of variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeximusMaximus wrote:
Alex Brown wrote:

I ordered the same setup as well. I'll probably add more Y Wings and Tie Advanced if I feel it necessary.

I´m too much of a "theme" guy when it comes to Star Wars, so I will very likely stick to just one TIE-Advanced, because more would feel wrong to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jakster wrote:
LeximusMaximus wrote:
Alex Brown wrote:

I´m too much of a "theme" guy when it comes to Star Wars, so I will very likely stick to just one TIE-Advanced, because more would feel wrong to me.

I know what you mean, vader in his advanced and then a bunch of underlings.

I would like 6 ties so they can run in pairs, and and 3 x's and 3 y's, but this would be more for larger multiplayer battles and definately more than 100pts, so that would just be another core set, another tie and another y wing, so not too bad money wise if i split it over 2 months.

And then when they release some more ships I will have to have a bunch of those as well. All of a sudden the living card games seem like a cheap way of gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:

And then when they release some more ships I will have to have a bunch of those as well. All of a sudden the living card games seem like a cheap way of gaming.

mmm. . . more ships. When I read about more ships I got more excited as I remembered the card with ties chasing the Millinium Falcon. Stoked for WHEN that comes out (I'm assuming its no longer a question of if).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
I'm probably going to make one order of the base game, an X-Wing expansion, and TIE Advance. If I really like the game, a second base game and a pair of Y-Wings. The TIE Fighter expansion will go in order 1 or order 2 depending on what I hear from Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going with 2 base sets and 1 of everything else.

2 base sets are critical as you get more dice (so you won't have to "remember results" when upgrade rolls are added in) and 2 sets of movement bits so each side has a full set. In the end, this means better play experience.

1 of everything else to insure I've got all the pilots and upgrades possible.

All of this runs $92 US on Coolstuffinc.com. The good news there is I get a free pass to order something else to push me over the Free Shipping mark of $100. Everybody wins except my credit card bill!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:
2 base sets are critical as you get more dice (so you won't have to "remember results" when upgrade rolls are added in)

I find it fascinating that FFG couldn't manage to fit 2 more dice into the base game. But hey, at least they were nice enough to sell a dice set separately... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
nastywarnob wrote:
2 base sets are critical as you get more dice (so you won't have to "remember results" when upgrade rolls are added in)

I find it fascinating that FFG couldn't manage to fit 2 more dice into the base game. But hey, at least they were nice enough to sell a dice set separately... shake

Many people will buy two base games anyway, because getting all those ships, plus the dice, is already cheaper than buying them separately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:

All of this runs $92 US on Coolstuffinc.com.

and I just realized that I have blown about $130 on this game already... I hope my expectations are not too high! I'm going to be so bummed if I don't like it for some reason.

(I don't think that will be the case, though. I read the rules and am really excited about the game play, the customization, and have a few friends already chomping at the bit to play.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironman99 wrote:
so far I only have 1 of everything, im waiting to make sure its a good game before I spend a bit more. I cant see it being a problem but you never know.

I just added a dice pack and another y wing to that order

when payday pops up it will be another core set and another tie, making 3 x's, 2 y's, 6 ties and the advanced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talarius Dunedain
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Hellboy!
mbmbmbmbmb
LeximusMaximus wrote:
and I just realized that I have blown about $130 on this game already... I hope my expectations are not too high! I'm going to be so bummed if I don't like it for some reason.

+1. Keeping my fingers crossed. (I ordered 2x base sets and 1x each expansion.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeppo007 wrote:
ObiFett wrote:
My plan:

2x Starter Set
2x Y-wing
2x TIE Advanced
1x X-wing
1x TIE Fighter

This is my order as well. I think it will give some good versatility in building squadrons.

Yup, just placed the same order for myself! Thanks for the rundown!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TarnisPhoenix wrote:
2x Base Set
3x Y Wing
2x X Wing

2x TIE Fighter
3x TIE Advanced

Is this because you want 2x of the cards in the TIE Fighter and X Wing expansions?

If not, it would actually be cheaper to get 3x Base Set and 1x X Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same, though not from reading here-- I just thought "who the heck ever heard of a pilot flying solo? Obviously every rebel ship is going to have a wingman. And TIEs fly in wings of three!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.