Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
todd mewborn
United States
toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New to SOM Hockey and trying to figure out the rules. I am stuck on the intimidation rules. (I'm playing super adv. rules) The situation was:
Off LW passes with a result of "Inside shot for LW I-opp" I intend to intimidate with the Def RW. His I - 1-6 This is where things fall apart. The rules say if his rating is 1-11, look on intimidation section of split card. His Int. is a range, not a #. Then the rules say if the int. # falls between 1-11 the def. takes the puck. if >11 the off takes the shot. Is this the # on top of the split card? If the I is 1-11, do you ignore the # on the split card? I haven't scanned all the Int #'s, but they are mostly less than 11.
The Split Card = #9 and the INTIMIDATION Text: Opp takes away puck - possible penalty. POWER PLAY -16.
The Int RW's penalty rating is "D", split card = 4 No Penalty
Not sure what to do with the POWER PLAY -16 part.
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure this out.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Cheung
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
what are you in the mood for today?
mbmbmbmbmb
tmewborn wrote:

The Split Card = #9 and the INTIMIDATION Text: Opp takes away puck - possible penalty. POWER PLAY -16.
The Int RW's penalty rating is "D", split card = 4 No Penalty
Not sure what to do with the POWER PLAY -16 part.
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure this out.
Thanks

not sure if I understand you correctly, but you only use the number found beside the Intimidation part of the Split Deck to check for successful Intimidations. If the number beside Intimidation (on the Split Deck card)is higher than the INT rating of your opposing player, then the Intimidation fails and player with the puck can take a shot. If the number is equal to or less than the Intimidation rating of your opposing player, then the Intimidation was successful and your Intimidating player gains control of the puck.

Sometimes the Split Card does not give you a number beside the Intimidation section and instead simply says "Takes away puck, possible Penalty" / Powerplay 16. This just means that the intimidating player gains control of the puck but due to his aggressiveness, may have committed a foul that could be called by the ref. This is when you cross reference his penalty rating on the chart and roll the die.

Powerplay 16 means that if you are on the Powerplay, the Intimidation result of the Split Deck card is 16. ie. you ignore the "Takes away puck" as being shorthanded makes it difficult for the intimidating player to try to intimidate an opposing player as he is busy trying to kill a penalty. Powerplay 16 will always be a "miss".

regards,

Les
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.