Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose part of an enemy besieging force is activated and leaves the space with the stronghold. Now the besieged gets a free attack.

Question 1: Is this attack handled like a normal battle, i.e. do both sides get to roll on the CRT?

Question 2: Suppose the besieged army defeats the left behind force. Can the victorious force now try to intercept the other force that just left the siege?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Valk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to jump in here because I want to see if I'm right! laugh My take on the rules:

Lebenslicht wrote:
Question 1: Is this attack handled like a normal battle, i.e. do both sides get to roll on the CRT?

Yes. See 17.9, 2nd paragraph: "Resolve the combat normally..."

Lebenslicht wrote:
Question 2: Suppose the besieged army defeats the left behind force. Can the victorious force now try to intercept the other force that just left the siege?

No. It can't intercept into the initial space the besieging player moved into (17.9: "...the besieging player activates part of the besieging force and leaves the space..."), because at that point the non-phasing player was still besieged (11.1: "Armies inside a stronghold with enemy units in the same space may not intercept."). If the force that left the siege subsequently moves into another adjacent space, then an interception may be attempted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott de Brestian
United States
Mt. Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris is correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.