Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim williamson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rules state the Mortar is not available in solitaire. But I most ask, Why?

Nothing on the card itself says that the Mortar must be used on a sector a different unit is in. It says "Prevent MGF in an adjacent Sector (or Bunker) for 1 turn...Must be played before MGF is rolled."

And since items can be played at anytime (except where noted), why can't I play the Mortar before I move, then move into the sector I fired into? It would be played before MGF was rolled for that turn.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cheese8242 wrote:
I know the rules state the Mortar is not available in solitaire. But I most ask, Why?

Nothing on the card itself says that the Mortar must be used on a sector a different unit is in. It says "Prevent MGF in an adjacent Sector (or Bunker) for 1 turn...Must be played before MGF is rolled."

And since items can be played at anytime (except where noted), why can't I play the Mortar before I move, then move into the sector I fired into? It would be played before MGF was rolled for that turn.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this one.

It is meant to assist another player. You would play this to silence the MGF and when it is played, you are not in the adjacent sector. What you are trying to accomplish is taken care of by the Grenade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim williamson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand what you said, and it makes sense. However, I think I'll have to house rule it for my way. If you've already used the grenade and can't get a special find RWB, then having the extra option of the mortar is very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
cheese8242 wrote:
I understand what you said, and it makes sense. However, I think I'll have to house rule it for my way. If you've already used the grenade and can't get a special find RWB, then having the extra option of the mortar is very helpful.

So you really weren't interested in the rules and just want to play a variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim williamson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
cheese8242 wrote:

So you really weren't interested in the rules and just want to play a variant?

Actually I was very interested in the rules. Sorry if I offended you some how. But after hearing the reasoning behind the rule, although it made sense to me, I decided I liked my way for solitaire better. However that in no way meant I wasn't interested in the actual rule. It's always a good idea to learn the actual rules before making house rules, especially if I ever end up teaching others the rules. That way I can teach them the actual rules and not my slight variations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.