7 Posts

Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Blitzkrieg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Possible to rally without leaders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Ko
Canada
flag msg tools
Is there any way for a squad to rally when there is no leader nearby?

I was playing a solo game a while back and on one side of the map, an attacking group of units had its lone leader knocked out quite early. Those units quickly became a sad sight as most of them became shaken under fire with seemingly no way to rally. Getting another leader over there from another part of the map wasn't really feasible either.

Was there a rule that I had missed that would help in this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A hero can also rally the troops or a medic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Wolski
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the special rally capabilities in HotB for the Corps Franc (SRP and Panache) and the SS (Fanaticism and Dedicated). The specific abilities are detailed in sections 13.6.1 and 13.81 respectively of the module rules.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which sceanrio were you playing? as some have special rules or there may have been some other way which you missed at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ko
Canada
flag msg tools
It was a while ago, but I believe it was Dragon's Den, or some other scenario where one side has their forces entering the maps from different directions.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think the point about heroes being able to rally was the one that I should have known for that situation since the french start with a hero.

Then there's something to be said about a poorly planned assault
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget heroes can be created during play. I always forget that.shake

My first instinct was to separate SMC's (Leaders/medics/heroes/etc.) so that each cluster of squads has a rally capability. But, now I tend to put two SMCs where they are needed the most, so that one can fight and the other can rally, and I have a backup. The easiest way to loose a scenario is run out of Good Order units where and when you need them to accomplish the objective.

Or, play the Somali's and forget about wimpy Shaken troops and the whole rally thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.