5 Posts

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yes, more rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Sarcasmo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its probably been over a year since I've pulled this game out. We definitely had questions. I haven't been able to find these answers . . .

1) If a character gets KO'd on a space with Militia and there are enough hit points to kill the Militia as well, does the Militia have to die? For instance, if my character has two hit points left and the villain successfully does three hits, does one have to go to Militia or can the hero just get KO'd and the Militia stays? The grey area here is that the rules say that you may assign a hit to the Militia but don't have to. We went with leaving the Militia if my character got KO'd.

2) Sophie the Elder -- can her power of canceling Mystery cards on a D6 roll of 3+ cancel a "remains in play" Mystery card already in play? If so, it almost seems too good to be true. If a character had some really terrible "remains in play" Mystery cards on them could start a showdown and take Sophie along (assuming she's good) just to get rid of the Mystery cards, even if they're not ready to fight the villain.

3) With regards to only "encountering the space" once per turn, this means that a person can only buy one town item card per game round, even if they've got enough money to buy more?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# 1 -- My base rulebook says the following..

"Militia Markers give any hero in the same space +1 combat and can take one wound for the hero. If a wound is assigned to the Militia marker, remove it from the board."

i don't think you'd be assigning the extra wound in your scenario. I agree with your interpretation.

# 2 -- http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=Sophie

Hope this helps with Sophie. The card itself isn't worded clearly.

" 3 -- I don't see any purchase limitations per round in the rules. Maybe I'm missing it? But, I play it as 'buy as much as you wish, and can afford'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Edgar
msg tools
I agree on all accounts. We ran into the town items questions in our first game the other night and we played that there wasn't a limit. I can't be completely sure but it does say Buy town items here, rather than buy A town item here or something along those lines. Seems to me they usually specify if it's a one time use. Being that you're just encountering the store, I'd say you get to shop it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
# 1 -- My base rulebook says the following..

"Militia Markers give any hero in the same space +1 combat and can take one wound for the hero. If a wound is assigned to the Militia marker, remove it from the board."

i don't think you'd be assigning the extra wound in your scenario. I agree with your interpretation.

# 2 -- http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=Sophie

Hope this helps with Sophie. The card itself isn't worded clearly.

" 3 -- I don't see any purchase limitations per round in the rules. Maybe I'm missing it? But, I play it as 'buy as much as you wish, and can afford'.

Due to the wiki entry I finally completely understood how "Sophie" actually works. Thanks for linking this here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsarcasmo wrote:

3) With regards to only "encountering the space" once per turn, this means that a person can only buy one town item card per game round, even if they've got enough money to buy more?

Think of it as a "shop" that you are visiting (encountering). When you go in you can buy as many items as you can afford (you're limited to a carrying capacity of 3 in any case). But you can only visit (encounter) the shop once per turn. You can't, say, buy something, then collect investigation on the space, investigate a town elder and then decide to go back into the shop and buy another item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.