Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lyons
United States
Eastlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say im loving the game and even better my wife tolerates it and its growing on her. Im still a newb at it and only a few plays under my belt but I was wondering how the expansion works?
I thought I would at least play all the scenarios first before I move on to the expansion but from what I read no one really cared for most of the others and even rated the beginner "survivors" the best one to play. So I figure I might as well look into getting the expansion,but was wondering how it worked?

Like do you just mix all the figures and tiles,or keep them separate?
Or does it tell you what to mix and then you have to add certain cards,and tiles etc.
I never really bought a expansion to any other game and was just curious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Each scenario lists what you can include for either player.

That said, if you guys handled the weight of Claustrophobia quickly I recommend having the expansions straightaway. There is more strategy and more flexibility for the Demons without adding playtime or significant complexity.

Also, check this link out: Claustrophobia scenarios and campaign.

It's the collected official scenarios for the game and offers a lot of game even if you want to stick to the base game only.

This game is very well-supported by designer (CROC) and publisher; they have OK'd the materials published here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ProfitOfDoom wrote:
I have to say im loving the game and even better my wife tolerates it and its growing on her. Im still a newb at it and only a few plays under my belt but I was wondering how the expansion works?
I thought I would at least play all the scenarios first before I move on to the expansion but from what I read no one really cared for most of the others and even rated the beginner "survivors" the best one to play. So I figure I might as well look into getting the expansion,but was wondering how it worked?

Like do you just mix all the figures and tiles,or keep them separate?
Or does it tell you what to mix and then you have to add certain cards,and tiles etc.
I never really bought a expansion to any other game and was just curious?

The Survivors is indeed my favorite of the base game scenarios, but the others are certainly fun and worth playing for variety. The only one that needs help as published is Who Dares, Wins, but there have been fixes proposed (adding extra tiles).

As for the expansion, it is superb. I wrote a review which should hopefully tell you everything you need to know about it: Hellhound on my Trail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.