Subject: Good Army Painter Color Primers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Ennis
United States
Roxbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm definitely getting my paints and supplies from Army Painter, but I'm not sure what primer/s to get. I don't think I need any for the main characters, but I do need to pick at least one for the zombies. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have any idea what specific colors will give me the color scheme on the box? Since I don't know, I was thinking about getting the full set of paint colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did half of my zombies with Army Painter zombie flesh primer and half with standard light grey primer (not Army Painter brand). I really like how the zombie flesh works out, but in the game art they show zombies more of a pale flesh color rather than green rotten skin. I think the grey primer with quickshade dip will work for this, and using multiple colors will mean not all of them look the same.

For the extra tray of zombies I plan to use their fleshtone primer and then after the dip I will highlight the flesh into a pale color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference, here are Descent 2 zombies painted using Army Painter zombie flesh primer and then quickshade:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Ennis
United States
Roxbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks. They don't actually have a Zombie Flesh primer listed on their store website, so I was thinking about using Barbarian Flesh or Skeleton Bone to get a look similar to the "Zombie Flesh" look.

Let me know how the fleshtone zombies look when you finish them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry it is actually called Necrotic Flesh, although it's not on their website either. A quick google of it found a posting on DakkaDakka forums where an Army Painter rep said that color is unavailable until 2013.

Might be able to find it in stock somewhere still, it's an excellent shade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Olsen
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed 4 cans from my FLGS when he told me that it was going out of stock/discontinued.... The upside, you only need the NF for part of the tray. Some of the poses have very little flesh showing, so why use the colored spray? For the zombies in suits I used white.

The characters I'll use black and then I dry brush that white before adding color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.