2 Posts

Discworld: Ankh-Morpork» Forums » General

Subject: Modo card (discard one card) and limitations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grey Warden
Australia
flag msg tools
Can I use the Modo card ("Discard one card") to rid myself of a couple of the nastier cards such as:

Dr Whiteface ("Select another player. If they do not give you $5 then place this card in front of them, This card now counts towards their hand size of five cards when they come to refill their hand. They cannot get rid of this card.")

The Fool's Guild (same text as Dr Whiteface)

...?
I am torn between the two possible interpretations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eggdish wrote:
Can I use the Modo card ("Discard one card") to rid myself of a couple of the nastier cards such as:

Dr Whiteface ("Select another player. If they do not give you $5 then place this card in front of them, This card now counts towards their hand size of five cards when they come to refill their hand. They cannot get rid of this card.")

The Fool's Guild (same text as Dr Whiteface)

...?
I am torn between the two possible interpretations.

You can only use Modo to rid yourself of a card in your hand, not a card that has been played on you (e.g. Fool's Guild) or a card that you have played on yourself (e.g. Bank).

Dr. Whiteface and the Fool's Guild cannot be gotten rid of once they have been accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.