Subject: BEST Warlock Curses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Pope
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
For those of you who have played the game, what is your favorite Warlock Curse? And when is the bets tim,e to reveal it?

I love Poisoned Blood. It gives a creature finite life, making it impossible for them to heal, gain life, or regenerate. It is particularly nasty against the Priestess. I think it is best revealed after the opponent pays the mana to cast a heal spell. It comes as a terrible surprise and they lose the action, the spell, and the mana!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Galactus wrote:
For those of you who have played the game, what is your favorite Warlock Curse? And when is the bets tim,e to reveal it?

I love Poisoned Blood. It gives a creature finite life, making it impossible for them to heal, gain life, or regenerate. It is particularly nasty against the Priestess. I think it is best revealed after the opponent pays the mana to cast a heal spell. It comes as a terrible surprise and they lose the action, the spell, and the mana!

wow that is very mean..... i love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Galactus wrote:

Very nice. I didn't realize one could do that until I read this post. I'll have to do some experimentation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unholy Emerald
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
How would they lose their mana in that situation? You can't interrupt the heal spell if they paid for it and resolved it. Either you reveal it before they cast the heal and they lose the action but don't or after in which case they would have already healed, right? Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can reveal the poisoned blood after they cast and pay for the heal spell but before it resolves. basically you can reveal before or after any step in the casting process or attack process

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the section "When can you reveal" enchantments in the rules: if you do it during spell casting step 2 "Counter spell" of a spell cast it funtions like a cancel = spell is cancelled, mana is lost takes effect before spell resoultion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but you arnt trying to counter the spell. you reveal after the counter spell step, but before the spell takes effect step. they cast the spell successfully however they heal 0 because they have finite life.

thats why they lose the mana, the card and the healing. thats why it it such a nasty way to time the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.