Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have no workers left on my farmyard. I am forced to select a cube in an area where I have no workers. I presume that I must just take the cube and do nothing else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bingo! Unless the action allows you to pay resources, then you may. But you never have to do an action as opposed to taking a cube. Which you must do or spend 3 identical resources instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kredwood wrote:
I have no workers left on my farmyard. I am forced to select a cube in an area where I have no workers. I presume that I must just take the cube and do nothing else?

This is valid for:
- Crafts, Travel, Council, Church, Grain Harvest

Useless to say, that this is a very bad move and you have to do anything in advance to avoid this!

Der Einsiedler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes thanks for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! And this is my only concern with this superb game. Maybe it was just because we were not so firm with the game or just too stupid but it happened more than once that we were left to take only cubes without performing any action because we just couldn´t fulfill the requirements. Especially at the end of a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pasvik wrote:
Yep! And this is my only concern with this superb game. Maybe it was just because we were not so firm with the game or just too stupid but it happened more than once that we were left to take only cubes without performing any action because we just couldn´t fulfill the requirements. Especially at the end of a round.

Pulling a cube and not being able to do anything does happen in the game. Hopefully you pulled a cube that will help you in a future turn.

I have taken the market day cube first thing in a turn to make it much harder for someone to sell goods a the market and claim a customer tile. I had no goods of my own, so I was pulling a cube for no immediate benefit of my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pasvik wrote:

As soon as you play some games you'll find it easy to avoid this actions.
Then you'll probably only have 0-2 cube-only-moves in the whole game.

Der Einsiedler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:

Pulling a cube and not being able to do anything does happen in the game. Hopefully you pulled a cube that will help you in a future turn.

A cube is only worth about 1/3 VP.
A regular move should be worth ~ 2 VP...

Dnasearchr wrote:

I have taken the market day cube first thing in a turn to make it much harder for someone to sell goods a the market and claim a customer tile. I had no goods of my own, so I was pulling a cube for no immediate benefit of my own.

This was probably a really bad move unless you manage to sell 2 goods on the next market day.
This blocking move cost you ~ 2 VP and it doesn't hurt the others.

If other players trigger the marked day this is one of the best things that can happen!
It saves you moves! You just have to manage that you're able to sell something in advance.

Der Einsiedler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zapp F
Germany
flag msg tools
Einsiedler wrote:

This is valid for:
- Crafts, Travel, Council, Church, Grain Harvest

Crafting can be done without using a meeple, if you have the appropriate resources...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.