Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Step 1 of the encounter says "Each Outpost player must pass 1 card from their hand..." (emphasis added by me).

Step 3 says "For each card that cannot, or will not, be passed, put 1 token on the *Thousand Miles To The Coast* card" (emphasis added by me).

Does that mean a PC can choose to not pass a card even if they have an available card to pass, as long as they are willing to add a token to the "Thousand Miles..." card?

If so, it seems like the PCs should strongly encourage any player with a Multi-Player Infection card to NOT pass card, since in the games I've played so far the "Thousand Miles..." victory has never even come close to happening. If that's the case and the PC passes a card anyway, it seems like a good bet that player, and the one they passed to, are Things.

---

EDIT: Just realized that I have not been playing "Thousand Miles..." correctly as I was not aware of the rules on the back of the card (about the Thing being able to discard and roll to place tokens)! That would make the victory condition more possible. However, my above question still holds: Can a PC choose to not pass a card even if they have an available card to pass, as long as they are willing to add a token to the "Thousand Miles..." card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not the first to miss that!

A PC can always choose not to pass a card when the lights go out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks, Mark!

I was just coming here to post that I had found your answer in another thread - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8525917#8525917 - but your fast reply beat me to it!

(I swear I read ALL of the rules entries in this forum - and the one for Things - before posting my multiple questions; but obviously that answer slipped my mind.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many threads, it's easy to miss stuff.

A decent rules rewrite, or FAQ would help. Folks shouldn't have to trawl through the internet to play a card game enjoyably. It'd bug me.

One is in the *works*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.