Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's effect is "On Damage: The opponent is Stunned"

What I don't understand is how is this Different from "Ignore Stun Guard"

I find no situation wherein this wording changes how the game plays out.

Can I have a clarification?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a different wording for the same thing--the ultimate effect won't be any different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
It's just a different wording for the same thing--the ultimate effect won't be any different.

"Ignore Stun Guard" would obviously still be prevented by Stun Immunity, because Stun Immunity and Stun Guard are two different things, and "Ignore Stun Guard" only tells the player to disregard one of the two.

"The opponent is Stunned" could potentially be confusing, though. I don't know how intuitive it is that Stun Immunity would prevent a character from being stunned by this ability.

So while there is no in-game difference, I do think that one wording is slightly better than the other.

:twocents:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, in Devastation we'll be cleaning up the wording and making it more consistent. For future reference, Stun Immunity trumps everything else though. It's the "bottom line" in terms of stun prevention/infliction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Testy Testerson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Yeah, in Devastation we'll be cleaning up the wording and making it more consistent. For future reference, Stun Immunity trumps everything else though. It's the "bottom line" in terms of stun prevention/infliction.

This is the case for almost all "Can" effects versus all "Can't" effects right? An ability saying you can't do something trumps an ability that says to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AtomicReaction wrote:
This is the case for almost all "Can" effects versus all "Can't" effects right? An ability saying you can't do something trumps an ability that says to do it.

This is correct.
Furthermore, if you become stunned, and then later gain stun immunity, the immunity will actually UNstun you once you gain it.
Currently the only way this can happen is if Luc drops 5 time to stun you during the ante phase. You can gain immunity and unstun yourself by anteing Iron Body as Cadenza, or luckily having picked a Stun Immunity style (Hepzibah, Khadath, Rukyuk and Zaam)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.