Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'll spend a week in Chicago this coming September for an industry convention and as it is a very rare trip stateside for me, I'd like to purchase some wargames if possible.

Given its size, I'm sure Chicago has at least a store or two. Can anyone make some recommendations please? I will be based at McCormick Place, but am willing to leg it quite a ways for some quality cardboard.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's out in the suburbs so you'll need to take the train, but the store is literally across the street from the tracks:

http://www.games-plus.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just visited Chicago myself for the first time and checked out Games Plus in the suburbs. A nice variety of wargames. Prices were reasonable but I am sure they will be even more appealing to you given the fact that you won't have to worry about shipping.

Hope you brought a big suitcase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocStryder wrote:
Prices were reasonable but I am sure they will be even more appealing to you given the fact that you won't have to worry about shipping.

YES INDEED! It's basically 50% off right from the get-go! ha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Novak
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Plus rocks. A great selection of war games.

I have only driven there, but it should be easy to find a train that makes this stop in Mt. Prospect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicagoland games is a great place. They recently expanded and have a nice selection. It's in Uptown and very easy to reach. It's located right next to the Bryn Mawr Red Line stop. They have weekly war gaming events too. http://www.chicagolandgames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lamb
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your hotel is near the loop, you can easily jump the L up to Bryn Mawr stop. Probably about 30-40 minute ride. I was at Chicagoland last week and was really impressed with the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.