Subject: Discard pile and draw deck question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remigiusz Bajor
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play a variant in which every player has his own deck and own discard pile and card's ability refers to:

a) taking something from "the discard pile"

b) putting something into "the discard pile"

does "a" always mean my discard pile and "b" my opponent's discard pile OR do I pick every time which discard pile it is? Plus the same question referring to "the draw deck".

Examples:

Regarding discard piles

VETERAN SATYR - Move 1 opposing unit from any city to the discard pile

Can I move it to my discard pile?

MOLTING PHOENIX - Move 1 oracle card and 1 soldier card of your choice from the discard pile to your hand

Can I move them from my opponent's discard pile?

Regarding draw deck

CLOUDCALL PEGASUS - Reveal the top 6 cards of the deck. Choose 3 of the revealed cards and add them to your hand

BONEPIPE SATYR - Search the deck for 1 soldier card or 1 oracle card and place it on your side of any city

Can I draw those cards from my opponent's deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, the word "the" implies the owner of the targeted effect's discard/draw piles. So in all cases, I would answer no. If the card effect was worded with "a" instead of "the", then you could target any player's pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remigiusz Bajor
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the answer, that's what I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.