Subject: Fan Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- I love the theme of haunted houses. That said I'll definately get this game.
- Now that its 2012, with a canceled mini expansion and no updates to either the game or rules past the second printing, I believe that we can make a fair guess that any comercialy released improvements to the game are over with.
- At the moment I am working to index and clairify the rules in a "1980's style indexed" ruleset.
- The idea of fan made expansions to this game are exciteing. Having been working on indexing the rules I can easily see one simple expansion. Expand the number of rooms and monsters. In this way encounters occur more often making the difficulty of the game harder on the players. The idea would be to promote co-op play. Some extra elements could be introduced. Cursed items that harm players, and bad rooms that inflict dammage like a monster's attack.
- The plot and its story are joyfull. However I have a love of 'pick your path to adventure' style books and the concept of making the plot 'branching' or 'intertwineing' with 2 other plotlines of a spooky nature seems exciteing. Then there's that downside that too many plot cards might make it too easy.
- So post your ideas. Lets see what can happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Father
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Well one idea is to create some new ghosts and even a few new room I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.